When did your period return?

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey :)
I have an 8 week old and haven't got my period yet. I was spotting up to 6 weeks off and on. I had unprotected sex (I know, I shouldn't have) around 5 and 6 weeks postpartum. The last 3 days I have been cramping and feeling like I am going to get my period but it's just not happening.

Edit: period returned at almost 14 weeks postpartum. Bottle fed exclusively for 12 weeks

How are you feeding your baby? While breastfeeding, mine came back at 8.5 months with my first and 7.5 with my second, but it has been very irregular this time, possibly because I am still breastfeeding them both.

If you are formula feeding, I think they say from around 5-6 weeks or later you can expect to have the first one, so what you are experiencing wouldn't be too unusual in this instance.

If you're worried you might be pregnant, do that test!

Oh, also, since giving birth to my second, I have had awful cramping and discomfort for a few days during and after ovulation. So if you're not getting your period, maybe you're actually ovulating right now?!

I was nursing with both babies, and with my first, my period came back at 16 weeks. With the second, it came back at 14 weeks.

With my first (formula) it came back around 3-4 months, 11 months with my second (breastfed), and 3 months with my third (combo-fed).

I breastfed both of my kids exclusively and my stupid period came back around 4-6 weeks pp both times.

With my first my period came back at 5 months PP, with my second 9 months PP. Both were exclusively breastfed.

A friend of mine got pregnant at 6 weeks PP while exclusively breastfeeding (so her two youngest are 11 months apart) so it can definitely happen. If you are worried I would take a test.

I breastfeed and I’ve gotten my period back at 12 months and 18 months with my last 2 babies.

I don't know about when af will return but id test if you think there is a possibility as my nan got pregnant with my dad straight away after giving birth to my uncle they were in the same year in school and everything people thought they were twins as they got older

Both my little people have been bottle fed. After my first, my first period arrived 7 weeks post baby.
With my second, my post partum bleed stopped at 4 weeks and two days later my period started.

Just wanted to update the post just in case someone was in the same position as me and was worried about their period taking forever to come back. I just got my period at almost 14 weeks postpartum. I have been bottle feeding since about 2 weeks postpartum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->