When did your pregnancy start feeling real?

LilyMarie

Reaction score
So, I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant, and while I'm definitely excited about it, more than anything, I just feel this strange sense of disbelief. I feel like I'm only fake pregnant because it's so early. It just feels weird... I'm not remotely connected to it yet, it feels more like a concept to me, if that makes any sense.

Today my coworkers asked me to get a drink, and when I realized that this would be the first of many times I can't say yes to a happy hour, I thought to myself "this is so weird because I'm not even really pregnant yet!" It just doesn't seem real to me.

Did anyone else feel this way? When did your pregnancy start feeling real?

Ive even seen mine on an us and it still soesn't seem real to me so I'm really not sure...

Even with the symptoms starting to really kick in, it still doesnt feel real to me and probably wont feel real until I have an actual bump and feel movement.. actual physical proof lol

For me- how connected I am with the idea of being pregnant seems to ebb and flow along with my symptoms. I feel ACUTELY pregnant during spikes of nausea, exhaustion, breast pain etc..lol

I'm waiting to start feeling that "bond". I don't know if I'll get it- but I hope so!! I'm only 9w currently. Fxd!

What I'm learning is that it's so different for each person. It's also so different from what I expected!! You're going to have your own unique set of symptoms and emotions, and it's all completely right- for you. :) congrats!! Sending u sticky dust!!!

Tbh I still can't believe I have my Lo at nearly 4 months ppd. It pretty well never seemed real during pregnancy and I find it still hasn't sunk in that she is here and I have her. The last 4 months has flown by completely.

I mean I knew there was a baby in there but the most real was labour and that didn't last so long before I was up and abou just keepin head above water to make things work.

I have no symptoms other than a bit of tiredness at times and a need to burp more than usual. :).

Sometimes you just go through the motions as a concept and eventually you'll feel the connection. Many seem to have it happen when they feel all the baby movement. Ds is a few years older and sometimes I still can't believe he is mine. :).

All in time. :)

I just hit 6 weeks today and it still doesn't seem real to me either. I don't have a bump, I'm not bloated, my clothes still fit and my MS feels more like low blood sugar. I'm hoping the real-ness will hit me once I see the baby on the u/s in 2 weeks.

I had two previous miscarriages so believing I was actually pregnant was difficult anyway but once baby was moving was when I fully accepted I was :) xx

I still waver between it feeling real and not. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and things looked great. I heard the heart beat today. But I still am in this limbo of accepting and knowing that I am pregnant and that it appears my rainbow is here to stay. :rofl: I think with my daughter, it started feeling REAL-real after we told people at 8 weeks. We haven't told many people this time around yet, so I think that plays a factor for my brain to grasp the idea. :)

How pregnant I feel comes and goes..but this morning I threw up for the first time and I immediately thought "I guess I AM pregnant!" I have a doppler so I get to hear my baby's heartbeat every day but for some reason the bond just isn't quite there yet? Maybe because this will be #2 for me and my son takes up so much of my time now...can't wait until I feel the baby kick!

12 w3 d when I saw my baby on ultrasound moving around..... Looking like a human! Seen baby several times before but wasn't real till then. And with my first born it wasn't till 16 weeks!!!! But I have had many MCs so maybe that's why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->