When did your spotting stop?

emicakess

Reaction score
Well as many of you know I had some major brown spotting week 5. Well it slowed down and was very very light and only half the time when I wiped, it got less and less until it stopped about 3 out 4 days ago. Then today I went pee and when I wiped it was in full force again. Its brown and accompanied by slight cramping (I had this cramping last time I spotted at 5wks). So even though I know I shouldn't worry about it to much it just stresses me out :( it makes me feel like something bad is going to happen. :( Anyone who has had spotting, when did yours stop?

Hi
I had brown spotting with my son on and off until about 8/9 weeks from memory. Always dark brown and occasionally stringy (sorry TMI!)

I've had 3 separate days of it so far-I get a tiny bit of red and then brown for a couple of hours then back to clear.

I honestly don't know what causes it-I'm sure it's the stretching of the uterus but I am guessing.

I try not to worry as I still have the other symptoms but like you I'm happier when it goes away.

Try not to worry-I don't think it's anything sinister and I hope it goes away for you soon!!

I had spotting on and off (sometimes heavy) from 4 weeks till 9 weeks. I'm almost 13 weeks now, havent had it in a month and scan looked perfect! Try not to worry too much, doctors often scare you but lots of rest helps-sometimes there's just old blood down there that gets shaken out with too much movement!

Thanks ladies! (You both have pictures of pooh with his head in a honey jar as your avatar lol) hopefully it well stop in the next week or two then. I don't think anything is wrong but seeing blood just makes me uneasy! Its hard to 100% relax about this pregnancy when I see the blood even though it is old blood. my scan on Friday was perfect so things are good I'm sure, I just wish I had some answers about *why* I am getting this blood. It bothers me! I hate seeing it

Mine started and was there for a couple of days at about 4-5 weeks along, in my 1st preg it was at 6 weeks. So worrying isn't it!
I had a scan a few days ago and she said she could see my implant bleed and that it just tries to push old blood out.
I would contact your dr anyway, extra scans I'm sure wouldn't be a bother! ;)
Good luck x

I had spotting in week 4, and then almost continuously from 6 weeks until 10+3 weeks. Mine was caused by a blood clot around a second sac which was empty and no doubt would have been a miscarriage at 6 weeks when I started bleeding if it had been the only only sac.

Well today it is dark brown and thick sticky and stringy! WTF does that mean..... Ugh this is driving me crazy I hope everything is ok ):

If you're really worried, I'd call the doc, or go to the ER to be seen. Chances are, if you've just had a scan, and it happened to be transvaginal, the probe itself may have irritated your cervix, and you're having some old blood from that irritation working itself out. Good luck, dear!

I spotted brown, pink and red weeks 4-8 then spotted once at 11 weeks 2 days and havent had any since and i am 13 weeks 5 days now x

Aww Im sorry, must be so worrying. But you did just have a good scan and if you're still having symptoms I'm sure all is well! Still it would suck to spend your Christmas filled with anxiety so for peace of mind you may want to go and be scanned again. <3

I'm also having brown discharge and spotting!! I mainly have it when I poop.. so I guess it's just when I strain really. TMI I KNOW! but I just found out yesterday.. and I had a miscarriage in September, which started with this. but it is also completely normal !! I'm just so freaking out and worried but everything should be find I think our bodies are just trying to get use to this :) ill be praying for you!!

Ugh sorry you are both going through this. I don't have much advice as I never had any spotting with my previous two pregnancies.

Coincidentally I did just have a bit of brown spotting 30 minutes ago. I'm trying not to worry and did some research and it can be common to spot after sex which we had last night. So hopefully that is the explanation. Maybe it applies to you also?

Ugh sorry you are both going through this. I don't have much advice as I never had any spotting with my previous two pregnancies.

Coincidentally I did just have a bit of brown spotting 30 minutes ago. I'm trying not to worry and did some research and it can be common to spot after sex which we had last night. So hopefully that is the explanation. Maybe it applies to you also?

it probably is just from the sex! I really don't know.. ive done so much research on brown blood and it's just freaking me out because of the miscarriage. but I am due for my period Saturday so I think that it might just be old blood.. I sure hope!! I wish there was something I can do. but docs wont be open till Thursday.. great :( how far along are you? and I saw where mine could just be OLD implantation blood. maybe for everyone else? idk :( I'm just trying to stay hopeful

it probably is just from the sex! I really don't know.. ive done so much research on brown blood and it's just freaking me out because of the miscarriage. but I am due for my period Saturday so I think that it might just be old blood.. I sure hope!! I wish there was something I can do. but docs wont be open till Thursday.. great :( how far along are you? and I saw where mine could just be OLD implantation blood. maybe for everyone else? idk :( I'm just trying to stay hopeful

Anna you are due for your period on Saturday ? So that means you just got your bfp then? In that case then yours is probably just implantation bleeding :) mine being 5 weeks when this started and 8 weeks now could be left over implantation blood or low laying placenta or irritated cervix. As far as I know... But just the fact that it could[\I] mean miscarriage sign is like wtf is going onnn. :( thanks so much everyone for the advice and sorry and personal stories

Anna you are due for your period on Saturday ? So that means you just got your bfp then? In that case then yours is probably just implantation bleeding :) mine being 5 weeks when this started and 8 weeks now could be left over implantation blood or low laying placenta or irritated cervix. As far as I know... But just the fact that it could[\I] mean miscarriage sign is like wtf is going onnn. :( thanks so much everyone for the advice and sorry and personal stories

yes I am due Saturday.. and thank you for the reassurance! :) that made me feel a lot better.. I really hope that you're spotting goes away. I know it's terrifying.. have you been to the hospital or doctor yet?? :( I really will keep you and the baby in my prayers!!!

yes I am due Saturday.. and thank you for the reassurance! :) that made me feel a lot better.. I really hope that you're spotting goes away. I know it's terrifying.. have you been to the hospital or doctor yet?? :( I really will keep you and the baby in my prayers!!!

Congratulations to you! Your spotting is even more common and normal because you are near the right time for IB! I'm sure your fine! I went to the ER when I first had it at 5 weeks and have seen my OB once since then and have had two ultrasounds. I also got my hcg taken three times in week five and it was doubling so that looked good. My first ultrasound at 5+3 and we only saw a gestational sac and yolk which kinda scared me but then I just had another ultrasound at 7+4 and saw the babes and heartbeat :) I think everything should be ok with me... Its just SO hard not to worry after having a previous miscarriage. You can probably relate. :hugs: I never knew that brown spotting is common in early pregnancy so this is all new to me!

Hi I've been having brown discharge since two weeks ago at 7 weeks, I'm 9 weeks now, last night I had red blood discharge and was some on the panty liner (tmi!! Sorry) but freaked out and went to the ER and they saw me immediately and saw the baby... The baby was fine and wriggling around ... I was so relieved to see the baby okay.. I'm okay today haven't seen red, but everytime I go to the bathroom I have dark brown discharge when I wipe... They checked everything with me and said everything was fine.. Couldn't find a source of what's causing the discharge... I'm super paranoid and annoyed with this.. This is my 1st pregnancy and I'm constantly freaking out... But I noticed something when I move around like walking or cleaning or doing errands, my back starts aching and then there I get the discharge when I wipe and it increases.. But when I lay down and don't do anything I don't see anything when I wipe... It's sooo weird!!!

Sorry ladies just going a lil crazy!!

Hi I've been having brown discharge since two weeks ago at 7 weeks, I'm 9 weeks now, last night I had red blood discharge and was some on the panty liner (tmi!! Sorry) but freaked out and went to the ER and they saw me immediately and saw the baby... The baby was fine and wriggling around ... I was so relieved to see the baby okay.. I'm okay today haven't seen red, but everytime I go to the bathroom I have dark brown discharge when I wipe... They checked everything with me and said everything was fine.. Couldn't find a source of what's causing the discharge... I'm super paranoid and annoyed with this.. This is my 1st pregnancy and I'm constantly freaking out... But I noticed something when I move around like walking or cleaning or doing errands, my back starts aching and then there I get the discharge when I wipe and it increases.. But when I lay down and don't do anything I don't see anything when I wipe... It's sooo weird!!!

I'm so sorry you had red :/ that must have been SO stressful for you... I'm so happy to hear that your ultrasound went good. I have read a ton of girls on here who had bleeding including red and everything is great still. It sucks that it even happens though! Wake up call huh :( I know what you mean about physical activity making it worse though! The phone nurse directed me to rest (but I've had to move some things around today as we got a new couch) and when I rest the blood seems slow down alot.

I'm so sorry you had red :/ that must have been SO stressful for you... I'm so happy to hear that your ultrasound went good. I have read a ton of girls on here who had bleeding including red and everything is great still. It sucks that it even happens though! Wake up call huh :( I know what you mean about physical activity making it worse though! The phone nurse directed me to rest (but I've had to move some things around today as we got a new couch) and when I rest the blood seems slow down alot.

good!!! :) I think we are just worried over nothing!! but we are mommy's now, that's what we do!!:) and what color is it? mine discharge is very light brown and sometimes its a little darker. it just depends and its only really dark if I poop... I read online it could be my cervix is just getting irritated when I push hard and its getting rid of old blood sorry TMI... lol im just stressin over here and now ive come down with bronchitis :( ughhhh! yaaay...... wonderful. hospital tomorrow :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->