When do babies stop scratchin themselves ?

mummytobe

2 little girls
Reaction score
As the title says really lol

Alyssa is always clawing at her face, even more when shes crying and its resulted in her ALWAYS wearing scratchmits which i hate cause i would like her to feel things!

So when does it stop really ? :shrug:

lilly wasnt to bad once they get a grip of motivation with there hands they will a few months i would say keep her nails welled trimmed and she wont beable to scratch her self and then no need for the mits lol good luck hun xxx

Earl's nails grow overnight into talons so I have to keep cutting them but he still scratches himself. I'm hoping the magic 3 months will herald a baby without blood constantly on his face lol :thumbup:

Violet still scratches herself..

She really really rubs at her eyes when she's tired. Even with her nails cut short she'll do it. She's usually got a cut in the corner of her nose by her eyes or down her nose somewhere!! Whenever I see her rubbing her eyes, I'll hold her hands so she can't do it but I can't stop her when she's in bed etc.

She hasn't done the whole clawing at her face since a few months old (can't remember exactly when) but she does still scratch herseld (and now me too!)

kyle still does it, it you think about it if we have an ich we scratch it so why wouldnt they ? sometimes kyle scratch's his head like his thinking lol

Little guy still does it and if we aren't very vigilant in cutting his nails, he'll look like Frankenstein. :dohh:

The other day, I saw he had scratch marks by his ear. Have to ask hubby for assistance in cutting his nails again tonight.

I was advised by nct to nibble on the nails not to cut them to avoid cutting there fingers. thought it was rubbish idea but it has stopped the scratches on the face :) takes some getting used to but keeps me occupied whilst bf lol

ive tried trimming her nails and filing them (when she lets me) and it still happens ! Thank god for sleepsuits with built in scratch mits, the ones you put on fall off as she has skinny lil wrists lol

ive tried trimming her nails and filing them (when she lets me) and it still happens ! Thank god for sleepsuits with built in scratch mits, the ones you put on fall off as she has skinny lil wrists lol

Although it sounds quite mean, we used to put a little bit of sellotape around the base of the scratch mitts to stop them falling off. HV suggested it and I thought she was nuts but it actually worked well.

could give that a try.. we were told to put socks on her hands.. it jus looks funny.. lol works too tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->