When do baby dance?!

WhereisBabyL

Reaction score
Okay so I got a blazing positive OPK yesterday so of course we BD and we also did the day before. My question is do we BD again today? Just wondering if it would make a difference!

Lol, i'm in exactly the same boat as you! I got a smily on a clearblue yesterday, we also dtd saturday night and last night. Wondering if should tonight as well, but I'm at work later til 10, then I know hubby has to take a work call at 10, so he'll be busy when I get home. Plus I am sooo tired today I think I will be wanting to go to bed for another reason later!! Do you temp or just use opk? I don't temp so just going by that for when I ov. I'm wondering if the twice is enough?!! I guess it won't hurt??

No I'm not temping just OPK and monitoring CM! I haven't tested yet today. I guess if I get another positive we will? Just to be safe but I heard its better to do it before and during not after so idk!

And yes it's a weekday so it's not as convienent for us to get in the sack haha

I got my bfp this cycle and we bded both the day I got the pos opk and the next day, twice both days. And the day after that I believe too. I just wanted my bases covered, now obviously I don't know which one worked. But it can't hurt! I've of the more is better belief when it comes to bding.

Ooh twice a day, my oh would think its all his birthdays at once lol! I'm sure he's been smiling today doing it 2 nights in a row!! Plus not easy with a nearly 5 year old around!! Congrats on your bp!!

Where are you in your cycle whereisbabyl? I'm on cd14 today, cycles have been 27-29 last few cycles. This is our 3rd cycle trying this time. Last time I fell on 2nd. With Belle it was 1st cycle and with Poppy it was 1st time, and we only dtd once then. We weren't trying at all, and I had a vague knowledge it might be fertile time, just happened I guess. Not so lucky outcome for her though. Lets hope we get good results this time!

Once you get a positive OPK, you should BD for 3 days straight, then skip one day, and do it one more time. This is according to the SMEP. Good luck ladies.

CD 16! And the OPK looked like my LH was dropping. I got my surge yesterday it showed up soooo fast. The surge today is still dark tho

See I heard its better to do it before you ovulate so that the sperm is already there.

See I heard its better to do it before you ovulate so that the sperm is already there.

It is better to BD before you ovulate. Once you get the positive OPK, that means that your body is preparing to ovulate, not that you are ovulating or have ovulated. Usually you ovulate about 24-48 hours (but could be up to 3-5 days), from the first positive OPK.

I don't think I got a positive today, but close to it. Really close. It's not as dark as the control line though

I think I might have ov this evening, had cramps while at work and boobs seem quite hurty! Aarrrgggg have we done enough or do it again? Surely the spermies are waiting there from sat and sun!!

How late is too late to dtd once you have ov? Hours? A day?

Once the egg is released, you have 12-24 hours. However, you can be feeling those symptoms and haven't ovulated yet. Do you track BBT? This will tell you for sure when you ovulate. I would say that to be on the safe side, dtd at least every other day for a few more days. I know it's a lot of work, but once you look at your chart in the tww, you'll regret not dtd as much as possible. That's how I feel every month. During my tww, I regret not dtd every day, even after I think I ovulated.

No I don't temp or chart. I'll just go on the opk and cm. My opk was showing negative this morning so I know i got the surge with that. I think i ov yesterday evening. Didn't dtd again last night was sooo tired when got home from work. Well just the waiting game now!

Just found this info

Odds of conceiving:

5 days before O- 0 Percent
4 days before O- 11 percent
3 days before O- 15 percent
2 days before O- 20 percent
1 day before O- 26 percent
Day of O- 15 percent
1 day after O- .09 percent
2 days after O- .05 percent
3 days after O- 0 percent

Last month I had two positive OPKs, three days apart, and still didn't ovulate until more than two days past the second one per my chart.

This month I used a clear blue fertility monitor, only had one surge, but still didn't actually ovulate until 2 days later. Had what I thought were ov pains on the same day as the OPK.

I apparently ovulate a somewhat long time after my LH surge, and ovulation "pains" are probably all in my head.

Basically, it's all just a best guess. I wouldn't -stop- having sex until my temps went up....or stop using my opks, for that matter. Since you're not temping, I'd say what's the harm in keeping it up for three days or so? We did like four in a row waiting for my temps to go up this month, and I was prepared to do like nine if I had a repeat of last month's double surge. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->