When do i tell the estranged father

Chezzer

Reaction score
Hello
So the father of my baby is in the back ground we hardly talk, I have a scan on Tuesday 6th November when do i jog the father's memory and say .
"Where do u want to meet for the scan " i think a wk is to far ahead

If he has said he wants to go to scans, then I'd let him know now that a scan is coming up and when so he can plan accordingly. Then I'd remind him again probably 2 or 3 days before.

My ex is a straight up a*. So I tell him the day I book things and would remind him two days before. Hope yours does better! Congrats!

I'd send a reminder asap in case he needs to adjust his schedule. Date, time, place, and any special instructions. Once he confirms that he will be there, a reminder the night before is fair.

No matter how he acts, always treat him with respect and fairness so he has the opportunity to be better. I believe in karma and even if you don't reap the rewards of treating him fairly directly from him, it will come around to you somehow. Good luck!

Yes! ^ plus even if he continually never shows, you should still tell him. Not just for karma. But I’m case you end up in court like me and he’s pulling the “she’s alienating me” and you’re like please PUH LEASE. But again I hope he steps up and y’all can coparent because parallel parenting sucks for all involved.

I'd send a reminder asap in case he needs to adjust his schedule. Date, time, place, and any special instructions. Once he confirms that he will be there, a reminder the night before is fair.

No matter how he acts, always treat him with respect and fairness so he has the opportunity to be better. I believe in karma and even if you don't reap the rewards of treating him fairly directly from him, it will come around to you somehow. Good luck!

This is so true il prob tell him a wk before then or a few days before you are so right I have to be the better person and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes! ^ plus even if he continually never shows, you should still tell him. Not just for karma. But I’m case you end up in court like me and he’s pulling the “she’s alienating me” and you’re like please PUH LEASE. But again I hope he steps up and y’all can coparent because parallel parenting sucks for all involved.

Again true if I have verbally told him it's his word against mine if I text and screen shot after hes replied it's better.
Like I told him I wasn't on birth control but he never bagged up. And I have screen shot the messages saying I'm not on birth control and him replying bk aknowlaging x

Yes, good to get emails or texts. I did that with my daughter's father, just in case. He left when I was 5 months pregnant and hasn't ever seen her (she's 5 now), but I still hold on to all the emails between us, not just in case of court, but so my daughter knows that I didn't keep him away. (if she ever questions that when she is older) Also, after she was born we had a phone conversation, and I followed that up with an email restating what the phone call was about so I had that too (because it was him saying there was no need to come see the baby at that time and he'd see her a month later...which never happened). Good luck to you and the baby. I hope the dad steps up and is there for his child. While I"m fine being a single mom to my daughter, I hate it for her that she doesn't have a dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->