When do stitches inside heal?

dolores

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi,

I had 2 second degree tears one outside and one inside the vagina - when do the stiches inside the vagina heal and come out? Also i don't understand how they stitch inside the vagina - how can they get there to stitch inside?

Hi,

I had 2 second degree tears one outside and one inside the vagina - when do the stiches inside the vagina heal and come out? Also i don't understand how they stitch inside the vagina - how can they get there to stitch inside?

They shouldn't come out if they are disolveable. Mine disolved after 2weeks. They dont stitch actually inside, Whereever you tore, they will stitch that back up. Not actually inside, dont worry i thought this.. i thought that they'd sewed me up alltogether.:blush: any Questions ask ur GP. :thumbup:

It's quite easy to stitch inside when LO has just made their appearance everything is all opened up!

The stitches themselves will dissolve within a couple of weeks, but it can be sensitive for quite some time afterwards, depending on how bad the tear was. My internal tear, and a friends both took towards 6 months to heal to the point of never getting any discomfort from it.

I was going to ask this question as well!

Also would like to know, when is it OK to have sex again with your OH? Or when were you comfortable enough down there to have sex again? I had a 2nd degree tear as well.

They say when your ready,but id wait for 6wk checkup hun

They say when your ready,but id wait for 6wk checkup hun

Thanks hun. Was planning on waiting 6 weeks, but just thought I'd ask because i miss the inimacy between me and my hubby. :cry: Still bleeding anyways so its def. a no-go til that stops.

It's quite easy to stitch inside when LO has just made their appearance everything is all opened up!

The stitches themselves will dissolve within a couple of weeks, but it can be sensitive for quite some time afterwards, depending on how bad the tear was. My internal tear, and a friends both took towards 6 months to heal to the point of never getting any discomfort from it.

Its been 2 weeks and 1 day but the stiches inside r still there! it's soo tender i don't think i'll be "doing" anything for at lear 6 months! :wacko:

i also had a 2nd degree tear one inside and one out. 1 of my internal stitches came out in the shower one day when i was washing down there this was after about 2 weeks. i would say a week or so later i saw another one on the toilet paper when i wiped. you might notice them come out you might not. We resumed sex after 7 weeks and it was fine

hhmm...i havent noticed any of mine falling out yet...im really tempted to just feel inside and see if they're still there...but im too scared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->