when do u feel baby kick

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by vix1989, Apr 22, 2009.

1. vix1989

vix1989 Baby Christmas <3

hiya girls!
    this is my second and i just can remember how many weeks it is when they start kicking?! my memory is blank it was only 3 years ago too!
    im going mad because i keep thinking i feel it but then it just my tummy wanting food!
    im so desperate for the kick so i know its ok, because im 12 weeks and im still waiting for a scan appointment!

2. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

Info the doc gave me said earliest is likely to be 16 weeks, but could be 20 weeks so you might be best asking the girls in the 2nd tri.... x

3. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

with my first i felt baby at 19weeks. I was more like lots of flutters instead of kicking.

4. jennifer34rn

jennifer34rn mom of 5

I felt my last one at 13 weeks (regularly at 15 weeks)...With everyone I felt them earlier

5. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

Ohhh, I can't wait to feel my baby kick and move! I have been so impatient through this pregnancy and I am only 9 weeks and 3 days. GAHHHH! I know how you feel girlie. :dohh:

6. janie0

janie0 Well-Known Member

I was about 20 weeks before I felt any movement with my first, it was like tiny bubbles, very weird! I've read you may feel movement earlier with subsequent pregnancies.

7. MrsO29

MrsO29 Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs

I was 20 weeks with my first.
    With this one I think I have felt a few little flutters this past week.

8. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

It also depends on the position of the placenta - if it's anterior (attached to the front of the uterus) it cushions the baby's movement and you feel it later. I have this and I first felt baby at 19 weeks but only occasionally and sometimes nothing for a few days at a time... now I'm 24 weeks I feel him a lot more but still not as much as the ladies with a posterior placenta.

9. vix1989

vix1989 Baby Christmas <3

with my first i remember because i was just drifting off to sleep and he woke me up, very weird feeling, but by then id already had the scan so i knew he actually existed lol but its strange because with this one i havent seen a scan and im being very paranoid that maybe i have a bloated tum lol thank god i have a HPT to proove it lol

10. Gemma Lou

Gemma Lou Well-Known Member

I was quite lucky to feel my little one kicking early, it was the week of my 12 weeks scan, when the sonographer did the scan she said she wasn't surprised as the baby was really active and she said I had a slim frame. x

11. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

with my first it was 18 weeks, with my second abiut 16 weeks!

12. clarabella

clarabella DH, DD & 2 cats!

With my dd, i was 19 weeks before i felt her move. I have also heard that in subsequent pregnancies, you can feel them moving earlier, maybe from about 16 weeks.. I can't wait! I loved feeling my baby wriggling around inside me!

13. MissCherry15

MissCherry15 Mummy of 2

everyone gets it at different times. my tutor who is due 4weeks before me got her first kicks at 25weeks. however i have felt mine kick from 18weeks +4. :)

it varies and alot of the women in second trimester worry thats because it hasnt moved so they can feel it yet that something is wrong. most of the time everything is fine!

i wouldnt even start to think about trying to feel the baby move until 20weeks as this is the most common time to feel it. but you may feel it before that.
    xxx

14. Tilly

Tilly Guest

I thought i felt this one really early on, but im not sure if it was movement or not. A few weeks ago I was feeling a fair bit (flutters) but I haven't felt anything recently so im wondering it I imagined it. I thought I would feel more much earlier since it's my second pregnancy.