When do we start to get realllly hungry?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by AlbaAngel24, Jun 6, 2011.

1. AlbaAngel24

AlbaAngel24 Mom of 1 expecting #2

Hi ladies,

I was thinking about this today,and I haven't been eating excessively..(although i have caved and made bad choices lately:blush:)but i was just curious as to when these crazy hungry spells....Aside from that, hope ur all doing welll:)

2. 1st time

1st time Mum of 1 and expecting #2

Mine started two days ago lol... i just can't stop eating!!:wacko:

3. punk_pig

punk_pig Guest

For me it didn't happen till I was breastfeeding!

4. hanelei

hanelei Well-Known Member

I got really hungry in week 12 when my morning sickness started to go away- 10 minutes after I finished eating something I would be starving! I think it varies from person to person.

5. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

With my first I never got the really really hungry feeling. So far I havent with this one either.

6. kelownaprego

kelownaprego Well-Known Member

omg like five seconds after being sperminated!!! First trimester was the worst I was a monster, I would actually tell my boss "you have five minutes to let me eat before I turn you to stone, so you better hurry up with whatever you're doing if you know what's good for you!!!". it's started to get better now but it was really hard to manage for a while there!

PS my doctor says that eating protein with every meal/snack will really help to curb your appitite, and as long as you know you have eaten a healthy, sufficient meal, it is not bad at all to not eat when you're hungry or even feel starving. She said the baby has a way of "making you feel like you're in africa and you haven't eaten in a week" which I thought was a really good way of describing it!

7. Makena29

Makena29 Well-Known Member

It seems to come and go for me, same with cravings. Throughout my first trimester I'd crave something like mad and eat a lot of it for about a week (carrot juice, Taco Bell, salad), and then it would go away. I haven't been terribly hungry throughout my pregnancy, but yesterday morning I couldn't get enough to eat. I had a bowl of potatoes and eggs, and when I was done I thought "Huh, still hungry." So I ate a yogurt. I was still hungry after that, so I had a bowl of musli. Then I wasn't really hungry for the rest of the day! My appetite is just really inconsistent.

8. Newdreemz

Newdreemz God 1st, Family 2nd.

Popped over from 3rd tri...for me it didnt start until my last month of pregnancy! I was eating healthy, and drinking water and then bam! Soon as i hit 9 months, it was cheesesteaks, cheeseburgers, cheese fries, and milkshakes :( Glad its almost over.

9. MonstHer

MonstHer Well-Known Member

I started with intense hunger in the 10 th week, and started tapering off after that.

10. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

It's different for everyone xx it's only in the last 2 weeks that my appetite has increased. I had a bowl of cereal earlier and 15 minutes later had a bowl of ravioli.

I've just had some cake and custard :blush:

11. ashley2pink

ashley2pink Mom to 4 girls

I just made a post on this, but with each pregnancy right at 5 months! (22 weeks), so watch out for a huge appetite increase in just a few days! Lol

12. tryn42mel

tryn42mel Well-Known Member

With my previous pg's I got really hungry after week 30. I mean I was eating like 5 eggo's every morning lol!!! So far with this one it's just every once in while I'll have a day when I just can't seem to get full.

13. LittleMum

LittleMum Mum to 22 mth old and ttc

I have been constantly hungry now for a couple of days :(

14. 1stTimeMum33

1stTimeMum33 Well-Known Member

I've been constantly hungry since week 4! Even when my MS was at it's worst I still felt hungry. I'm actually really fed up of eating all the time now but I get a bit shaky if I don't eat for a while.

15. Gemmalou81

Gemmalou81 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I forget to eat!!! I have not noticed any difference in my appetite! Still put on a stone tho:) x

16. ahcigar1

ahcigar1 Happy Mother of 1

For me I started at about 10 weeks, but I've always been the hungry side type even before pregnancy. Everyone starts at different times or never even starts. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

17. AlbaAngel24

AlbaAngel24 Mom of 1 expecting #2

thanks so much for all your input! It's funny,you always here about pregnant women eating a tonnn and all that! I have eaten the same way same amount since before i got pregnant...but like i said sometimes bad food ....lol....not like iwant to stuff my face, i cant really afford the extra pounds lol

18. babyhopes2010

babyhopes2010 one boy one girl.perfect!