When do you count DPO?

AllyTiel

Reaction score
Was wondering what you count that from? The LH strips I was using showed the test line being darker than the control line for 5 days. Every test line was noticeably lighter the rest of the time. How many DPO do you start using pregnancy tests? I think the first day I ovulated was Friday the 4th. My cycles are irregular since coming of Gianvi 3 months ago. By the way we :sex: the first 2-3 days of ovulation shown. Since we didn't do it every day, does that count me out? Took a midstream test today and its BFN

Well unless you temp you wont know your actually O date as opk when you get a positive just means you will O within 12-36 hours. i dont temp, so I just figured the day my opk went negative was my dpo. My surge was really short, less than 24 hours.

And then from there you can test for pregnancy. Usually people start testing at 10dpo, but sometimes its still early so you will get bfn.. Ive seen some people not get bfp until 2 weeks late. So it is a range of time you can get bfn but still be preg.

They also say its best to have sexy every OTHER day, so doing it daily isnt essential and doesnt count you out. As long as you bd around O is what really counts!

thanks so much mixed beauty! Anyone else have an opinion?

Oops haha I just realized in my earlier post I said sexy, instead of sex.

For me..i dont usually use opks..i did one month but i just keep an 'eye' on my cervix and cm. I check to see if its soft and open and check for fertile cm. And the day i count dpo is when i notice my cm change to white and my cervix closed. This has always worked for me cause 14 days later i start af. Tho it can take a bit to get use to it and it certainly doesnt garentee that you've ovulated that month

lol MB!
Lesley, how do you check your cervix? Can you actually reach it? Im kind of afraid to, and even if I did, how would I know what I was feeling?

The main thing I was asking was when do you start counting from your ovulation if you are expecting your AF. The first day its indicated, or the last day? The LH strips indicated ovulation for about 4 days. I want to know exactly how many days past ovulation but I'm not sure to count from the first day, or the last day that ovulation was indicated?

Im not exactly sure what you mean. You have a fertile period before the day of ovulation. This can last about 4 to 5 days when you get fertile cm and your cervix is open. This allows the sperm to reach the egg before it is released. When you take opks..you will get a surge of lh hormones that can last a couple days which indicates that you are about to ovulate. Once you get that positive opk...your egg will release any where from 12-48 hours later. Unless you temp each morning...its only a guess to when that will happen. Once the egg releases, the next day is when its considered your 1dpo. Its my understanding that once you get a neg on an opk after a pos is when you can consider that to be one dpo.

As for me checking my cervix instead of temping or using opks...it can take a few months of feeling your cervix each day and checking your cervical mucus to find out what is normal for you. If you do a google seach about cervical changes and cervical mucus changes in the month..it might give you a better understanding. To find your cervix...it makes it easier to find it by squating and using your two longest fingers and reaching as far up as you can till you reach it..of course washing your hands first so it doesnt cause infection. I hope somewhere in here i answered your question =)

Reading your question again...do you mean how long your LP Is? If so...the days before ovulation can vary but LP typically stay the same. So if say you ovulated today...(making tomorrow being 1dpo) 15 days from now your period would start (thats only if you had a LP of 14)...is that what you mean?

Thanks so much Lesley. Yes you answered my question :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->