When do you go hospital?

Laraa

Mummy to a PrincEss.xxxxx
Reaction score
Ok so when u feel contractions..when do u make ur way into hospital? This is all new to me..but aot of people have said not to go in straight away as ur likely to be sent home. :wacko:

My mw said when they are five mins apart and lasting at least 40 seconds each x

Hi, my sister had that problem. She didnt know when to go. Are you having contractions now? How far apart? Have you got the urge to push at all? Is your water gone??

Definitely don't go in straight away. My hospital told us they should be about 4mins apart and lasting 45secs-1min, but each hospital might be slightly different. Best thing to do is time a few and phone your labour ward - they'll tell you if you should go in or not.

If you go in too early, the danger is that your labour can slow right down or even stop for a while.

yeah hun its 5 mins apart. get your timer out! im buying one for the next pregnancy. x x x

Yeah, definately dont go until 5 minitues apart. Its a waste of time otherwise. Mind you my sister left it till 10 minutes or so and was sent home. Ended up having baby Olivia on my mums bed!! lol

i wish i was having them right now! but im not :)

just want to b sure for when i do

phew.!! How are you feeling right now? Im already uncomfortable and Ive got ages yet! I think its cos Im quite a petite girl and my baby is a big one x

i keep getting cramps period type cramps for a few day now..i just want her out..so uncomfy..cant sleep cant walk ...arghh!

Oh dear and Ive got all this to come. My babe sits really low, the head is so low I can feel it when I walk. Very weird sensation I must say. Do you fancy a private chat?

5 minutes apart or when your water breaks.

With my first....my contractions started and they were 5 minutes apart and 1 minute long right away...so we had to "run" to the hospital...it was a hilarious day...
with my 2nd my water broke...so we ran to the hospital again lol and it was hilarious as well...omg I realized every time I go into labor it is crazy and funny.

oh i so cant wait for that day to come :)

so r u hun..not long now :)

I'll be going in straight away, been advised to go at first signs..... If you started labour before term surely you'd need to go in early to be checked out.

it depends really

most hospitals say 5 mins apart

but if you have group b strep your meant to go in straight away to start antibiotics, I was meant to do this, but Im going to be induce now lol

https://contractionmaster.com/

Here's a free contraction counter! Saves rooting for a pen and paper!!

5 minutes is recommended but if you feel safer and better go in, I was 1 cm dilated with my first son but because of the distance I had travelled I cried my eyes out when they wanted to sent me home that they caved in and let me stay, I walked the coridoors of that hospital for 8 hours solid!

With my other 2 sons I waited much longer and arrived with contractions every 2 minutes and was 10 cms dilated.

Everyone is different and pain thresholds are different if you're not coping with the pain, are scared or just want to be there- go! Main thing is to keep calm, breathe and listen to what your body is telling you to do. :hugs:

Thank god i read this thread! can you believe i've been on 2 NHS ante natal classes, one hospital tour, a whole intensive weekend NCT course, read about 3 books and god knows how many pregnancy leaflets and just realised i didn't know when to go in either!! just shows you.

The one thing i would reiterate is that even if you have no contractions but your waters break you must go in straight away, my MW told me the other week not to even have a bath / shower etc but just to head straight in. x

My doc said call her before i go in and wait until im 5 mins apart i would much rather be comfy at home than sitting in a hospital for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->