When do you know is the right time for baby no.2?

Mrs M

Mother of 2 girls :-)
Reaction score
And I know there's never a right time for anything but we knew we were ready for baby no.1 as we had a home, secure jobs, savings etc. We were married and then decided that the next step in our relationship was to start a family.

We are wtt for number 2 but we don't know when. We were thinking we would like a couple of years between them but then I think should we wait till dd is starting nursery/potty trained etc and also it would be easier if we didn't need a double buggy! The thing is I'm so broody and if my husband said ok we will start ttc now, then I don't think I would hesitate. Hes abit like me though, thinking should we wait or should we go for it. There's so many advantages and disadvantages for having them close together or waiting till there 3 or so. Im at fulltime stay at home mam and i love it so much. How did you know when was the right time for baby no. 2? x

We're in exactly the same situation as you! My dd is 13 months now, and I would love another, my hubby is the sensible one saying it's not time yet! And I do agree but that doesn;t stop me wanting! For us I think 2 & a half years. DD will be out of nappies, and out of the buggy. So that would mean ttc late summer - maybe July/Augus time ish!

We are going to ttc #2 from june, Jamie will be 18 month, so 2yrs 3mths when the baby is born. I think that if they are too far apart like my nephew and son, the older one doesnt understand the younger one and gets jealous, if they are both younger they will get on better. i would rather not be out of the baby stage and then have to get back to it again!

I keep looking at our little family and thinking that its not complete, my toddler is very independant at times so i feel i can cope with another one.

Hiya, for me personally, I agree with 21p1eco in that I don't want to get out of the baby stage only to then have to go back to it. I think I'd rather deal with 2 in nappies and 2 'babies'.
My husband and I always wanted our children to be close in age so they'll hopefully be closer as they grow up together. I have friends who have a 5 year old and a 1 year old and they find it really tough as their older son gets so jealous of the attention the baby takes up. Then I have a few friends who have kids closer in age, like a 2 and half year old and a 6 month old and the older one is fantastic with the baby and doesn't seem to understand the need to be jealous.

But thats just our personal preference in the sense we've always know we want a close age gap. Summer is now 7 months old and we'll be trying for our second when she's 10 months in may so hopefully if I fell pregnant straight away again there would be a 19/20 month gap between them. If it took a little longer then hopefully there would still only be a maximum of 2 years between them.

I do think that whenever you decide to go for it, it's gonna be a huge change to go from one to two no matter what the gap, but as you do with the first you just learn to manage and somehow you cope whatever!

X

My children are 20 months and 3 years old,and I Like the age gap. My daughter can play by herself a lot and they play together a lot so it makes it easier! I just like it, but there are pros and cons to any close aged children, so you just have to decide for yourself what youw ant and go for it.

i agree there will never be a 'perfect' time, you just have to decide to go for it.

Thanks for all of your replies. Me and my husband have spoke tonight and we have decided that we are going to start and ttc around august time. If it's as quick as the last time there will be a 2 year and 4/5 month age gap. I'm super excited and can't wait for my dd to have a brother or sister. X

Congrats on setting a ttc date, it's so nice to have a set date to work towards and really helps with the broodiness!

Good luck when the time comes!

X

I think it is all about a personal situation, for us it will be when I have done my degree but for a stay at home mum for example I would think it is mostly to do with the age gap between children. I know that if I was a stay at home mum right now I would be TTC now though, I would not be able to wait, lol.

:wohoo: for setting a TTC date good luck with it.

For us it is not about the age between the babies, but where we are in our lives. Persoonally, although i've felt broody since i had my LO i haven't felt actually ready till now-i've lost my baby weight, bubs is in great routine and i feel i now have the confidnece to handle two! Plus i have gone back to work so my boss wouldn't be too disparoving if i fell again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->