When do you ovulate after + OPK ?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I just wondered if anyone knew for definite 'when' they ovulated after getting a positive OPK?

I keep reading so much conflicting info on how long after a positive OPK you ovulate, from 12 hours to 36 and some sites say up to 48 hours

Is it possible to ovulate on the day of the + OPK?

I know there is no definite way to tell unless you temp too, but I just wanted to hear of anyone's experience if they knew when they actually ovulate.

Thanks x

The OPK really just tells you ovulation is imminent. It can be up to 48 hours. Most ladies don't really know exactly when but some feel pulling pains or mild cramping just before or just after. I sometimes think I can feel the little eggie bursting right out of there but most don't feel it at all! You could even catch the surge right in the middle which is why they say you should BD before, "during" and after just to cover yourself.

Its so confusing isnt it ! i actually had some pulling/pinching pains on Sunday & got the positive OPK on Monday. We done the deed on Monday so praying thats the day I actually ovulated ha x

I usually catch the surge on the way up and then back down, giving me 2 days of + and then I usually ovulate the day after the second positive. I usually have O pain, this month it was very mild but also remember to monitor your CM, I noticed this month that on the day I O'd my CM was abundant and the next day went straight to sticky. Good luck!

I usually catch the surge on the way up and then back down, giving me 2 days of + and then I usually ovulate the day after the second positive. I usually have O pain, this month it was very mild but also remember to monitor your CM, I noticed this month that on the day I O'd my CM was abundant and the next day went straight to sticky. Good luck!

thanks hun, if thats true for me we've probably missed the boat this month :cry:

we DTD on the lead up to ovulation & on the day of but not after x

It's different for everyone. Temping will give you a good indication. For me it was always 48 hours, but I know for some ladies it can be almost immediate.
As long as you DTD when you get a positive OPK you're in with a chance. Healthy sperm can live in you for around 3-5 days

It's different for everyone. Temping will give you a good indication. For me it was always 48 hours, but I know for some ladies it can be almost immediate.
As long as you DTD when you get a positive OPK you're in with a chance. Healthy sperm can live in you for around 3-5 days

Thats what I'm hoping hun! i know sperm can live for a few days and we DTD on the day of the positive. So I'm hoping that even if i didn't actually ovulate until a couple of days after/day after the OPK there will still be some swimmers there ready to meet the egg! x

Thats what I'm hoping hun! i know sperm can live for a few days and we DTD on the day of the positive. So I'm hoping that even if i didn't actually ovulate until a couple of days after/day after the OPK there will still be some swimmers there ready to meet the egg! x

They say when you have a + OPK that you are at peak fertility. Of course you have a chance! I think CM is very important though, For cycles 1-3 we DTD the day before and/or day of O (which is perfect timing) and no pregnancy thus far. I have always noticed I RARELY have ewcm and you NEED this CM for sperm to live a few days. If not, they can die in hours. This month I have started using Preseed, I have heard great things about it. fx it does the trick, as this is already cycle 4 for me.

They say when you have a + OPK that you are at peak fertility. Of course you have a chance! I think CM is very important though, For cycles 1-3 we DTD the day before and/or day of O (which is perfect timing) and no pregnancy thus far. I have always noticed I RARELY have ewcm and you NEED this CM for sperm to live a few days. If not, they can die in hours. This month I have started using Preseed, I have heard great things about it. fx it does the trick, as this is already cycle 4 for me.

I had some fertile stretchy cm the day after the positive and watery/creamy before so hoping it's enough to catch the eggy :)

I keep reading about this preseed so I might give it a try too

Thank you x

I always o the day after a positive opk like clockwork. I'm 2dpo and still have positive opks. Those things are so confusing.

Last month (first month using opk) it was 36 hours after the positive I ovulated according to ff x

Thanks ladies
Hoping that us doing the deed the day of the positive will be enough then as we didn't get to do the deed the day after or the day after that ekkk x

Sperm have to go through a maturing process once in the tubes called capacitation. They can't enter the egg until this process is complete which can take up to 12 hours. So imo- better to have the sperm ready, waiting and mature, to enter the egg- so I think you're in with a really good chance!

Sperm have to go through a maturing process once in the tubes called capacitation. They can't enter the egg until this process is complete which can take up to 12 hours. So imo- better to have the sperm ready, waiting and mature, to enter the egg- so I think you're in with a really good chance!

Thanks sweetie I hope so x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->