When do you plan to announce?

Thanks ladies! I still haven't announced yet lol. I think I might wait to tell the rest of my family in April during my daughter's birthday party and make it public on social media at 20 weeks once we know the gender. Does anyone have any creative ideas they are using to announce on social media?

Because of my hx me and DH decided not to tell until we're at least 20 wks along . Which isn't really easy for me bc I tend to show early on and then family and friends begin to stare then questions begin to be asked and then the secret is out the bag!! I wasn't going to tell DH but I know he wanted this really bad so I put my prego test in a zip lock bag and gave it to my son to take to his dad in the other room and then came my DH out the room smiling!! And he's still smiling to this day!

I was going to Pinterest it to see how to announce on social media.

We told family the day we found out. OH initially said he didn't want to tell his family until three months but excitement got the better of him after about 5 minutes and we drove back to tell them :haha:
I've told a colleague already mostly because I need someone to cover for me when heavy deliveries come in. I won't tell the boss until I have to.

We're telling Lucas on his birthday in May. I'll be 13 weeks by then so will hopefully have had a scan. We're going to get him a card "for my big brother" and put the scan photo in. He's been asking for a baby brother or sister for ages now so hopefully he'll be chuffed.

ETA. I don't know if we're going to properly "announce" it on social media. I don't particularly want to but I know OH has a bigger online presence than me and likes his long thought-out posts.

I'm only about 5 weeks but I'll be announcing after my 7 week scan. So far only my husband, mother and best friend know. Its our very first baby after many years of trying, so I am anxious to share the news with friends and family!! But for my own peace of mind, I need to wait a few weeks and speak with my doctor first.

We finally went public with it last night after my appointment yesterday. I'm so happy to be able to talk about it all I want!!

I told my boss and colleagues right away for safety reasons. There are lots of risk factors where I work, so my duties need to be modified somewhat. Family knows as do a small handful of our closest friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->