When do you put your toddler in a bed?

proud mummy

3 boys and pregnant
Reaction score
At what age roughly is the right age for your little one to sleep in a bed. I mean my son is 19 months and has a cot bed. He has the sides up at the moment but i was just wondering when the right time is to take the sides off.

He is great at night he sleeps right through i never hear a sound from him during the nite. I just worry that if I let him have a bed that he will get up all the time and play with his toys.

We put Ryan in a bed at 16 months (because we moved house and lost the cot fittings..). He doesn't really get out of bed to play a lot. We have a story, then he climbs into bed and has some milk while we read a shorter story. Then at most, he gets out of bed twice before going to sleep. I go up and put him back down, then OH goes up and puts him down 2nd time, and that's usually it. We just let him know bedtime IS bedtime, not for playing, and he usually understands. The only 'problem' we've had at the moment, is with him waking up earlier than before.. but only 6am, so not too bad a deal.

Joani had her own bed at 2 yrs..... Elinor we are hoping will b in her own bed in October...with the new baby coming we are buyin Elinor a cot bed so that her cot can get used to the new baby :) So fingers crossed we can gert her to sleep in her cot bed from October-ish :) she will be 20 months by then.

:hugs:

I would say anytime now would be about right hun, but there's no right or wrong, my son didn't move over till he was 2 x

Landon went into a toddler bed at 13mo because he was climbing out of his crib. Casen went in at 15mo just because we thought he was ready, by 18mo he was sleeping in a single bed no rails. Hayden never slept in a crib, he coslept until 12mo he went straight to a toddler bed, at 16mo when we moved to TX we never put the rails back on his toddler bed so since then he's slept without them

i asked my hv and she said keep her in the cot and lilly is 21months........so i dunno, lots of people i know have switched their kids to beds by now but i just dont know if it's too early for lilly

I plan on moving Aiden to a toddler bed at around 18 months. I want to get him this nice bed set for christmas and then for the new year we'll be trying it out. I won't do it any earlier, though, because I don't want him to associate his toddler bed with his little sister, who will be born when he's about 16 months old.

Shes coming 17 months - Im just waiting on the matress and bed guard then my Caitlins going in :D

My parents are buying him the whole bed, matress, and rails for his first birthday, although i wont be using them yet.. I'm sure within that next year he will go in it sometime..
I plan on setting it up in his room so he can be familiar with it..then one day the cot will 'disappear' lol

:muaha:

Liam just moved over to a big bed 3 weeks ago...he is 29 months. He didn't try to get out until then, when we were taking a nap and I hear my door open and there he is! He declared "all done nap!" and I declared "all done crib" LOL :D He did really well and it was great that he wasn't scaling out of it before that.

I think I'll leave my LO in his camp cot as long as possible. I think the reason we will have to move him is cause he will be too tall for it. He so far hasn't even tried climbing out.

Saying that, we found the bed we want to get him on the weekend. Its got draws underneath which is great cause his room is tiny and we hardly have any space for toys etc. Once his bed comes we have to move his changing table out so will loose all that storage space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->