When do you shower?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Tiffa130, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Tiffa130

Tiffa130 first time mom

I've been squeezing in quick showers before OH goes to work in the morning & it had me wondering what other people were doing?

Do you wait until there is someone else there? Do you take your LO into the washroom with you (in a carseat or basinette etc)?

2. Lightworker

Lightworker Well-Known Member

In the early days I used to shower haphazardly when DH was home and use a "manual" bidet throughout the day (sorry if TMI lol). Later on started taking her in her bouncy chair or playnest. X

3. Lianne1986

Lianne1986 Well-Known Member

i usually have a bath at night when DH is home and just have a wash n the morning, i leave him in his moses basket with his mobile on.

congrats on ur little girl :hugs:

4. beccybobeccy

beccybobeccy Well-Known Member

I either wait until the first morning nap around 8am or I just pop her back in the cot with the mobile on. She's usually happy to lie there. You could put a bouncy chair/swing or something in the bathroom with you if you didn't want to leave her. I felt the same way when she was your LO's age xx

5. Mrs-C

Mrs-C Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs

I shower after her morning feed. She has to stay upright after a feed because of her reflux so I put her in her bouncer in the bathroom. Sometimes she sleeps but if she is awake I have to chat to her to stop her getting bored.

6. snowy-willow

snowy-willow Mummy to Ella

I have baths either when LO is in bed for the night or when OH is home

7. xxembobxx

xxembobxx Well-Known Member

When LO was very young I would shower in the morning after he had been fed. I knew I had 10 minutes before he would miss me and I need a shower to wake myself up.
    I have other children though so I needed to be up and about to get them to school.
    If I don't get a shower in the morning I find it really difficult to get one during the day as LO has naps in his cot now and we have an en-suite shower so I'd probably wake him.

8. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

I iether bring him in the bath with me or just lay him on his changing mat with some toys.

<3

9. lisa9999

lisa9999 Well-Known Member

As soon as I hear her wake in the morn, I jump in the shower quickly. Then I wait til after her brekkie etc to straighten my hair and put makeup on etc. With her creating havoc in the bedroom.

10. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

At night when she is in bed or on her first nap at about 9am, if desperate she sits on the mat playing with her ducks while I shower but it's easier to do it while she is asleep

11. cinnamum

cinnamum Mumof_6_PREG W#7

during the day, if the evening was hectic from teething/illness, we used the bouncy chair... with the 1st child, when we had the 2nd bubba... one child in bed other in bouncy chair (unless they're both asleep of course).
    daytime baths are a no-go for me.
    however... i dont miss them as i get to have candle lit ones now!!! heheheheee

12. oliviarose

oliviarose Well-Known Member

I have one when OH is here, or I have a bath with Harrison and I sometimes put him in his chair with some toys.

13. todteach

todteach Dreams can come true

Sometimes I'll grab a quick shower when LO is having a nap. Or if I'm awake before him, I'll have one before he's up. If I've missed both of those, I just make sure he's safe (in playpen, crib) or bring him in his bouncy seat to the bathroom with me.

When your baby grows, you'll find that you'll get a little more of a routine in that works for you.

14. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Once a month, whether I need it or not. ;)

When my daughter was a newborn, I'd leave her in her bassinet and shower whenever she took a decent nap. Of course, I always did my best to shower quickly.

15. hippobaby

hippobaby Well-Known Member

This is something I've insisted on doing every morning since lo was born - I felt if I didn't shower and get dressed I'd sink into some depression or something or the midwives would be concerned if I wasn't presentable! Weird I know that now but in the early days I was all over the place - shower also wakes me up for the day. Anyway rambling over.. I do it each morning and put lo in cot awake with toys if oh not here.

16. shellie82

shellie82 Well-Known Member

i put him in his bouncy chair watching telly or in his cot!

when he was younger i would leave him in his moses basket for 5 minutes

17. Lellow

Lellow Déjà poo ... Get it?

About 8pm each night, LO's in bed, dinners done, so i shower get dressed, chill on the couch and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!

:)

18. LPF

LPF Well-Known Member

Usually during first nap at around 8.30/9.

19. tokyo_c

tokyo_c Well-Known Member

At first I was too scared to do it while she was napping, and now her naps are so short I never risk it :/ our bathroom is a wet room so I can't take her in with me and I reckon she'd lose it after a while if I left her outside in her bouncer. So as a result after my husband gets home from work when she's in bed - if he gets home early enough and I'm not too knackered... Sigh.

20. beatnick

beatnick Well-Known Member

used to wait until the first nap or take him in on the bouncer chair. now he monkeys about whilst i shower and he has the run of the bedroom but usually spends most of the time trying to get into the shower with me then looking confused as to why he is getting wet!