When do you start OPK's?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
1. What CD do you start OPK's?

2. How many times a day do you test?

3. What's time do you test?

4. What brand do you use?

I start using them on CD 10 because the earliest I've ever ovulated was CD 12. I use Wondfo brand that I buy on the internet which are affordable and individually wrapped...this is a big plus because once they are exposed to air, they expire in 30 days so you end up wasting a bunch. I only test once a day in the morning either with fmu or smu. If you get a positive, you don't need to do another test you just mark it on your chart and get to bd'ing!

It depends on how long your cycles usually are. If you have very long cycles, you can wait until later, if you have short cycles, start earlier. I usually start using OPKs around CD10-12.

I use Wondfo brand. I buy them on Amazon and get a LOT for a very reasonable price. 100 tests for around $100.

I test once a day in the afternoon. For me, personally, I know that I get the best chance of catching my surge in the afternoon around 4pm (I discovered this by testing twice a day for a cycle). If you have a long surge then it probably doesn't matter what time you test, if you have a very short surge sometimes women will test twice a day.

You want to have a several hour "hold" - meaning it's been a few hours since you went to the bathroom and consume limited fluids during that time.

1. I start testing around cd15, sometimes a little earlier. The earliest I've ever ovulated was cd19, so I usually put off starting OPKs until at least a week after AF ends.

2. I usually test once a day, but when my OPKs start getting darker, I test twice per day (that usually lasts around 3 days).

3. I test with FMU (my OPKs don't say not to) and then again around 8pm or so on the days I test twice.

4. I use AccuMed brand, which is a cheapie brand I found on amazon. They've been pretty reliable for me and they're cheap.

1. What CD do you start OPK's? I seem to always ovulate on CD15, so I start using OPKs on CD11. I could probably start a day later as CD11 is always totally white, but I kinda like it as a negative control test. I'll usually get a positive on CD13 or CD14.

2. How many times a day do you test? I test just once a day until I get a positive, and then usually the next day just to make sure the tests are negative again.

3. What's time do you test? This last cycle I had a near positive on CD13 and CD14, so I probably should have tested in the late morning of CD14. But I test when I get home, somewhere in the 6 pm zone. The issue with this is that you can catch either side of the surge but miss the peak.

4. What brand do you use? I use the local dollar store cheapies; they're 5 individually wrapped tests for $1.25, come with the trays and droppers. They're not the super simple smilie face tests, but they've worked great for me and I've only had one faulty (didn't wick) test out of 15. The box is labelled "Health Canada Approved" so I think they're pretty good quality for the cheap price. I'm not sure I can find them that cheap even on Amazon up here.

PS. Remember that temping is important to confirm O, since you can have an LH surge but not release an egg :)

I use OPK around CD 13, and I test it twice a day. (I really don't want to miss the chance!)
I heard that the late morning will be a better timing. But I do this first thing in the morning (Because I use saliva monitor, I have to do this before I go eat or drink)
I use Knowhen, it's a saliva monitor (I think is really convenient) and the dollar shop's OPK before

1. I start testing with them the day I get O pains... it's been around CD 12 recently.

2. I test twice a day until it goes negative.

3. I test morning before work and evening after work. My surge right now seems to start overnight.

4. I use Wondfo, I love them and they are cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->