when do you wipe

vegazbaby

Reaction score
this my sound odd but do i need to wipe if hes only done a wee

i only ask as he hates the wipes and cries every time i wondered if it was completely necessary esp when sleepy

Yes, he's had urine sitting on his skin which if left turns to ammonia and can burn.

Can you wipe with a piece of fabric warmed under a tap? Might not be as shocking to the baby.

I wipe to make sure she's dry but I don't use baby wipes... ever. If it's poop, I wash with water and apply diaper cream.

Baby wipes really arë a huge waste of money, as well as being soaked in stuff baby doesn't need on skin.

I don't so much wipe as dab. Wiping can cause tiny spots for bacteria to enter the skin. I have to wipe when he poos, but when he pees I either dab or do nothing. Perhaps it depends on the acidity of your baby's wee? Mine must not be very acidic, because despite not always wiping a wee he has never had a spot of rash. (knock on wood)

I wipe, I use cloth with just water though.

I have a girl so I wipe no matter what...I would also wipe a boy or dab like someone else said because they've got urine all over themselves....I wouldn't sit in my own urine. Maybe do what someone else said and use a warm wet cloth might actually be soothing to him.

We do always but I know not everyone does. When LO started daycare, they asked us whether or not we wipe when it's not dirty.

We use warm wet cloths and wipe every time then pat dry with a tissue.

Baby wipes are unnecessary, they are full of crap and a total waste of money.

Wipe every time at nappy change whether a dirty nappy or not. I used water for the first few weeks but now just use a sensitive fragrance free wipe which neither of my children have ever had any issue with.

I wipe always poo or wee but when Ronnie was teeny he hated it too so I uses cotton wool and cooled boiled water. I think it was because the wipes are generally cold :shrug:

Yep I wipe for pee and poo, I use cotton pads with warm water x

I have a girl.... Who is a chunky monkey. I wipe every time to make sure all her extra 'crevices' gets a chance to be cleaned and dry. And since weaning, we do go through tons of wipes, but I've managed to find great deals for them through amazon. She's 8m and rarely gets a rash, and when she does, it's never been worst then a bit of redness, that disappears after one app of diaper cream.

Until she was about a month old my girl used to hate being wiped, so we used cotton wool and warm water, she was much happier.

After the first month we started using wipes and have had no problems. We use Huggies aloe vera wipes used at every nappy change and she has perfect skin.

I use one wipe for pee and however many for poop. I like the Huggies sensitive ones. My lo hated being changed in the beginning and we used cotton wool with warm water for the first week or so. She eventually got over her changing fear. I know you can get wipes warmers. I see them on a lot of "things I shouldn't have bought for baby" lists, but if lo still cries it might be worth it.

I'll wipe at every nappy change. He's sat in a nappy of it and I don't think it'd be nice for the poor thing if I didn't

Yes I wipe after every poo or wee. I use fragrance free wipes, then dry the bum with a cloth, then apply vaseline and then put on the new nappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->