when do you wipe

Use a wash cloth. I use 2 for wees. One damp which I clean with and then one dry to dab his bits dry. I only use baby wipes for poos and even then I use the cloths to wash off the residue and dry him after using the wipes.

Sometimes i do, sometimes I don't. The first change of the day (after the night) i will wipe. For example If i am changing outfit for the 5th time of the morning (refluxy baby) and think the nappy could do with a change, i will admit i whip it off and put a new one on. He's never ever had a rash. If the nappy is full and i purposely go to change it, i will wipe.

I only wipe after a wet diaper if the skin appears wet at all. If it's all dry I don't.

Yes I wipe at each nappy change regardless of wee or poop. I just dont think it would be nice to sit with urine on your skin without it being wiped. Plus since my dd has been weaning her wee is a lot more acidic, and it has one one occasion peeled her skin off to the point which is bled - not nice at all :-(

I wipe regardless of whether he has weed or pooed. Up until LO was around 4 months old I used cotton wool and warm water. Now I use baby wipes and have never had any problems.

I wipe every time I changed a diaper.

I always wipe, but if it's just a wet diaper a quick dab around with one wipe is all it takes. Dirty diapers obviously require a little more cleaning. My DS hated having his bum changed until he was about 2 months old maybe... he would scream the house down like you were torturing him. We even tried warm washcloths instead of wipes, but he just wasn't a fan. He did the same thing whenever you tried to get him dressed/undressed. He's totally fine with it all now.. so just a phase I guess!? :shrug:

urine will smell n make him sore.use cotton wall warm water n he wont mind. wet wipes would upset anyone at night lol

I wipe every time. My lo screamed when he was young but I think it was from being exposed to the air? Just learnt to do super fast changes .
Wee = 1 wipe
Poo = up to three? . And I let him air dry a little and play with him on change mat. Only had a tiny bit of weaning rash but that was it and he's now 12 months

I do each change, if its a sore bum i use warm water and cotton wool.

If your baby has lots of fold i would wipe everytime. If not, msybe a quick wipe with a blanket for a pee to dry him/her off:)

I used to always use wipes, but they I found the wipes were irritating his skin. Now I only wipe for poo, and he seems to be doing just fine. I use a layer of diaper cream after every change also.

We always wipe but don't use wipes, we use cotton wool & warm water instead, he hates the coldness of the wipes. But I wouldn't not wipe.

Wipe. Always.

Millie used to not like cold wipes, but she's soon got over it as I kept doing it.

Hmm I guess i'm a minority here. I don't wipe if its just pee. I let the clean dry diaper do the patting and drying for me?!

I used to always use wipes, but they I found the wipes were irritating his skin. Now I only wipe for poo, and he seems to be doing just fine. I use a layer of diaper cream after every change also.

This. We don't wipe unless dirty. She would break out (even using just cloth and water) if we wipe too much. She is badly allergic to any disposable wipes.

we use wipes (pampers extra sensitive) dry then cream every change shes 16 months old and never had nappy rash x

I do wipe for both yes (Huggies pure) , but when it's for wee I do make sure I'm not over wiping. It's quite a quick run around his bits and bum. He's 6 months old now and has never experienced nappy rash. I am however very hot on changing nappies throughout the day, I go through a lot and try and keep him very fresh. I don't apply barrier creams, tried it once or twice and just felt it was all collecting like sludge in bodily creases and cracks!

I wipe for both, why would you not wipe when your baby has had wee on their body?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->