when do you wipe

I only wipe if his skin is wet. If he was a girl, or had extra creases I would wipe all of the time, but he's a boy, and no extra creases to be cleaned out.

I only wipe for poop.

I wipe every time because when the urine has been in the nappy against the skin it can burn and cause a rash.

If your LO doesn't like wipes then cotton will and warm water works just as well :)

Wipe everytime, boy or girl, as a nappy full of pee has been against their skin.

I wipe myself if I just do a pee so do exactly same for a baby.

wiped everytime. I don't understand how people don't wipe because the wipe/water may irritate the skin, surely urine is worse?

Lana was born in Winter so I kept the wipes on the radiator

I didn't know people didn't wipe each time ... I always wipe at every change regardless, as he's been sitting in his own pee.

I work on a dementia unit with elderly residents we were ALWAYS told to make sure we were cleaning residents properly at each pad change due to hygiene reasons so why would I not do the same for my child? Ano its not exactly the same but it's the same principle.

Have always wiped each change and no diaper rash thank God...for the first change in the morning, I use a wet wash cloth..

The midwife told me that baby urine is less acidic than adults - so wiping every time isn't needed.
I've stuck with this advice, and I don't wipe if it's just urine.
I do wipe most mornings, though... as that is usually the wettest diaper of the day.

The midwife told me that baby urine is less acidic than adults - so wiping every time isn't needed.
I've stuck with this advice, and I don't wipe if it's just urine.
I do wipe most mornings, though... as that is usually the wettest diaper of the day.

We were told similar advice. They said to wipe if diaper was wet against the skin, but not needed if most of it absorbed into diaper and not soaking wet. I dunno, just went with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->