when does it ease?!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Fleur29, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Fleur29

Fleur29 Well-Known Member

My daughter was born 2 weeks ago, five and a half weeks premature. She was in scbu for ren days to help her feed - didn't need any support for anything else. Anyway she is now home and doing great but I can't help worrying that she is going to get sick or stop breathing or some other terrible thing is going to happen. We bought an Angelcare movement sensor which I thought would reassure me but it went off last night for apparently no good reason and i have felt really panicky ever since. I guess i am just wondering if anyone else has been through this and if there is anything i can do to make myself feel a bit less anxious?! Thank you ladies x

2. iwanababybump

iwanababybump Mum to Jamie- due inApril

Sorry no advice didn't wanna read and run sending u big hugs and glad your LO is doing well x x x

3. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

Ive not had a baby in special care but I have been a parent for a long time and I can tell you, you never stop worrying, the day you become a mommy is the day you worry for the rest of your life :flower:
    It's the best job in world but the most stressful :hugs:

4. Fleur29

Fleur29 Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies. I think I am just finding it quite overwhelming - I wasn't expecting to have my baby yer! And although its amazing she is here and I wouldn't change anything, I can't help feeling like I didn't have time to mentally prepare. J know that sounds crazy! And i know that you can never completely prepare but it just feels like it has all happened so quickly. Anyway thank you! X

5. Ashley8806

Ashley8806 Well-Known Member

Our baby was born a month early and also spent ten days in the NICU for breathing problems. Her oxygen levels kept dropping and she was on a CPAP machine, and diagnosed with pneumonia. I was a nervous wreck when we came home. but, I have her sleeping in a bassinet beside me in the bedroom which helps so I can keep peeking at her through the night. I'm sure you will never stop worrying, but I'm sure you will start feeling more comfortable soon :hugs:

6. tummymummy

tummymummy mummy of 2 and growing 1

It wont ever truly go away but it will get better hun my lo is 6 weeks and for 1st 2 weeks i was a wreck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx