when does Test line become as dark as control line

FreakOutGurl

Reaction score
Hi guys , my last period was on the 19th of May 2016, i am very irregular with my periods (always have been ) so no clue when I really ovulated but i felt very turned on around 6th of June to 9th of June when I had sex every night , got a negative pregnancy test on Sunday the 12th of june but then 2 faint faint positives on clearblue plus on 16th of june , did a clearblue digital on the Saturday 18th which came back pregnant one to two weeks , since then been doing stick tests which have gradually got darker but nowhere near as dark as control line which worried me , (altough a futher clearblue plus on the Monday the 19th showed quite dark , since then to today the stick tests have stayed the same colour , i went into hospital yeturday with Brown bleeding which has calmed down today they took my bloods and have me a HCG reading of 85 and i have to go back In 3 days for another test , just womdering when does the test line go as dark as control ( what HCG level) and does everything sound ok ? Very worried it will end in miscarriage.cheers all

There's no exact hcg level for test lines to be as dark as the control. It depends on what test you are using, how diluted your urine is etc. Your still very early so may be a while yet so don't panic. In my honest opinion though if it's going to cause you worry id stop testing. A dark line really can't tell you if all is well with the pregnancy. Your bloods in a few days will give you the best idea of how things are going. Try not to worry.

Thank you , most of my friends don't understand and think im going crazy , all i was worrying about is my HCG was 85 surely that would have been enoug to make control line as dark as test line and today the HCG should have gone up again and when i tested the line was exactly the Same as before , surely at 170 HCG it would be as dark as control line cheers

Take a look at tis thread below. don't trust hpts much for the amount of hcg. if your hcg values double then your pregnancy is healthy. stay calm and take adequate rest.hopefully everything turns out good for you:hugs:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/2397260-dye-tests-amazing-results.html

When my hcg value was 185 even then the test line was not dark on a strip test. I was also worried but my values were up to 185 from 54. So do not worry much with the hpts. Just wait for your blood test results. I know it's hard but taking these hpts will only add to your pressure

Signing up for this group had made me feel better already :) I just thought 85 sounded low and the hospital pee testthey did before bloods came back very faint but ones I been doing at home altough not as dark as control line there very easy to see the line

Signing up for this group had made me feel better already :) I just thought 85 sounded low and the hospital pee testthey did before bloods came back very faint but ones I been doing at home altough not as dark as control line there very easy to see the line

Yes.. every test has its own sensitivity and depends on your urine concentration..Good luck with the blood tests! Hope your values double :hugs:

The number isn't important, it's wether it doubles in the time frame that is the most important. And don't worry about hospital tests being faint, they are known for being like the least sensitive tests availible. The fact you got lines on them is great!

Awww thank you :) I will keep you all updated if you want :) think I will be very happy when I see the line as dark as the control

Sure keep us updated. I have posted a pic of my test in the other thread you started in the first trimester forum

My test from today , hoping it means HCG has doubled

Attachments

• 20160621_181507.jpg
    20160621_181507.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 21
Here are the tests from last friday up untill monday I would say , then i was told HCG was at 85

Attachments

• 20160620_124122.jpg
    20160620_124122.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 28
Using the new frer, my test line wasn't as dark as the control until 15dpo. I had twins so my hcg doubled every 30 hours. On 13dpo I was at 137, so by 15 I would have been well over 300. Your tests look great

So chances are I ovulated quite late? Tests ain't as dark as control line butare not getting fainter so I'm hopeful that Thursday's bloods show 170 hcg or more

I think 4w3d (roughly around 17dpo assuming an O on CD 14) being at 85 is fantastic! but like you mentioned it's all about whether it doubles or not; hcg ranges so rudely from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy

I will keep you informed :).will post a piccy on here of FMU test tomorow too and see if there is a difference

Amazing how it's only the size of a little seed but we get ourselves all worked up :(

This Mornings test (the below one ) still not as darken as control line :(, nowhere near

Attachments

• 20160622_054737.jpg
    20160622_054737.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs