When does the exhaustion end?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I'm finding this to be the toughest part of pregnancy so far. Not only am I tired all the time, but I feel wiped out after even the smallest task, like doing laundry. I think my coworkers are starting to resent me for it or think I'm just being lazy and using the pregnancy as an excuse since I need to sit down between pretty much everything I do. It's so hard not even looking pregnant but yet feeling so consistently drained. I'm behind on everything because all I want to do when I get home is crawl into bed. I've heard the fatigue is supposed to end at second trimester, is that true? I can only hope :(

Generally second tri is pretty darn awesome. I felt great by 16 weeks last time. I'm pretty down today with how tired and nauseous I still am but I'm hanging onto hope that 3ish more weeks and it should turn around...

I'm in the same boat. Between nausea and fatigue I feel useless at work. Only my two managers know I"m pregnant but they've been looking at me like I'm acting like a diva lately. Most of the people I work with are guys and the only other woman wants nothing to do with children as she is very career oriented. Which there is nothing wrong with that, it's her decision, I'm just trying to say she doesn't understand what it's like. HELL, I didn't understand what it was like until I was pregnant. I'm not supposed to sit down at work when helping customers but I have no choice. If I stand I just want to throw up or pass out XD

I started feeling less like sleeping fourteen hours a day by week fifteen or sixteen. These days I'm down to ten hours of sleep and I feel pretty good. I'm twenty two weeks. It will pass. It's just so dang frustrating when you're in the middle of it.

Hate to break it to you but it never ends. Just changes form from pregnancy hormone craziness exhaustion to mummy exhaustion lol.
In all seriousness by the second trimester it dies down :)

Oddly enough, I have no exhaustion this pregnancy. With my sons I could barely keep my head up. Idk if it's because this time I'm more fit which my dr says help or what.

I am so tired I can't stop sleeping. Had 9 hours at night and just woke from a 2 hour nap on the sofa. Feel like I've been hit by a bus!

I've also been sleeping so poorly which doesn't help. I wake up about 50 times throughout the night, constantly tossing and turning which was never an issue for me before pregnancy. Like come on body, all day you're telling me you want to sleep and then when I try you won't let me!

In about 6 years when they're more independent, if you stick with just the one ;-)

I'm 13w4d and I'm still incredibly exhausted. By the time I get home from work I just collapse into my bed.

I'm only about 4 weeks but the exhaustion is beyond belief! I felt like I was walking on water with my first pregnancy. Wouldn't know anything was different! Don't wana wish my pregnancy away as it is still an amazing thing to go through but gosh I hope the exhaustion gives me a break in second tri! X

I hate to break it to you, but it really doesn't... First tri and third tri are the worst. But it never ends. And then you have a little baby which makes it bad too haha.

But it is worth it, I promise. x

I am having such a hard time explaining to DH just how exhausted I am. This is our first, and he has never really been around pregnant women so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he just doesn't know....but he has expressed in one way or another that I have been lazy (without actually coming out to say it). How do you ladies explain pregnancy symptoms to DH knowing that they cannot fully understand?

I honestly just try to sneak in naps when he isn't home, but I could sleep all day every day. This week has been the worst so far. Hoping for some second trimester energy that I have been reading about. Only a few more weeks!

My exhaustion is starting to ease off, I still need a one hour nap in the day though.

2nd tri does get better...then 3rd tri can be just as exhausting. It depends. And then baby comes...and THAT level of exhaustion is a whole other element ....
But you get used to it;) sorry not to be a bubble burster.

Have you had your iron levels checked? I was severely anemic with my 2nd baby, and was beyond exhausted...had to go on an iron supplement to help. Just a thought. Likely it's just first trimester stuff, but worth looking into just incase

With my son, I was tired until about 12 weeks. I didn't have a job at the time so I slept all day while my husband and the rest of the family were at work/school during the day. The rest of the pregnancy though was easy in terms of fatigue. I almost didn't feel pregnant at all except for the ever growing belly lol.

This time around though the tiredness kicked in at about 6 weeks and didn't leave until 17 weeks and I felt great for a couple of weeks. When I hit 22 weeks it hit me like a brick again and now I'm still constantly tired.

The fatigue has definitely hit here! It's hard because A: It's the busiest time of year personally and at work B: I work for my dad and he doesn't know yet. (only 6 weeks) I completely understand though. Work has been rough. I just want to crawl under my desk and fall asleep :sleep: half the time that's all I think about. :) It also doesn't help that I would live off coffee before. I LOVED coffee. And now I've only had like one cup total in the last week and a half, trying to limit caffeine. I actually can't even stand the thought of coffee now. Sad day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->