when does the midwife do a sweep

thrussell

mum of 5
Reaction score
i'm 36 weeks and getting induced at 38 weeks on the 16th. i was going to ask my midwife if she could give me a sweep at 37 weeks. i dont know if she would or not.:shrug:

i think it depends on area where you live.

i asked at 37weeks as having loads of problems and was told that MWs are not allowed to do them under 38weeks.

my mate in scotland was told she couldnt have 1 done until 39-40weeks.

and another friend that lives in the next county to me had 1 at 36weeks.

i would ask and see what they say.

Sorry probably a dumb question but why are you getting induced as apposed to just letting it happen?

Sorry probably a dumb question but why are you getting induced as apposed to just letting it happen?

i have been bleeding for the last 5 weeks and have been having lots of pain so doc's said it would be safer for baby to come early.

Our community midwives wont do a sweep until you are 41 weeks. However, if you have an underlying problem I'm sure that they will consider your request or offer you advice on what you can do to encourage LO out a little early.

:hugs:

Depends on your mw, mines a bitch and wouldnt even do it at 39 + 6 as she said i ahd to be overdue lol

i'd say it depends on the mw too, they won't do it under 39 weeks here

Mine said 40+2 at least, I am gutted now I have seen others do it earlier as she said it was never effective before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->