When does this all stop??

Karkey

Mum# 4 (3 boys 1 girl)
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Glad I found this section on here as I really need to vent.
Here's my story.
8 weeks 2 days pregnant, been spotting for 10 days now. Rang ER after 5 days spotting they told me I'd need referral from gp for epu. Went to gp told my symptoms and she said she Wud fax referral. Didn't hear anything so I went yesterday and paid for private scan. Sonographer found gestational sac to be 6 weeks 2 days, not in good position and empty. Came home rang ER again and told them so they booked me into epu this morning. Went in had an internal ultrasound and told the same, empty sac. :(
They said I've to return in 2 weeks to have repeat ultrasound to see if there is any change. Unfortunately I know what's really happening. When I came home the bleeding has started to come a bit heavier, mainly when I use the loo and I'm beginning to get some cramping and backache.

My question??? How long does it take for this to end??
I'm not coping very well at the moment and confided in a friend today who's response was " well it's not really seen as a miscarriage because it's so early". I'm shattered inside and now I really just want this to b over with.

I am so sorry to hear this :hugs:

I miscarried Monday and my bleeding has turnt to spotting. I had brown spotting and backache, few bad cramps during the night Sunday and Monday was full heavy flow...

My situation was different as my hcg levels halved and then I was told to stop my meds and the bleeding started 4 days after stopping the meds...

Your 'friend' doesn't sound sensitive at all! Of course it is a miscarriage! It's the most heart breaking feeling ever! I cried for days literally just constantly!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks for the support scerena, and I'm sorry for your loss also. I am so broken hearted and don't know weather I'm coming or going. I thought my friend was very insensitive and has probably made me feel even more isolated than I already was. Now I feel like it's something that should never be mentioned. Just forget about it n get over is what I got from it. I haven't stopped crying, out of the blue n have cried til I've given myself a headache.
Again....... thanks for replying, I just felt so alone.

It is medically counted as a miscarriage after 6 weeks hon.
U were over 8 weeks xx
Giant hugs xxx
It is a loss , u deserve to grieve
Ignore ur friend.
People say stupid things cos they don't know how yo make u feel better
Or what to say
Giant hugs xxx

Time wise it varies hugely for everyone hon .
Not much good to u but... Xx
If its getting heavier then hopefully it continues to do so
And it happens fir u soon.
(obvs not good but if its a mc then better to get it over with
So u can grieve and heal )
U could get help from docs.
With d and c or medical managament.
But its a choice only u can make.
Hope it goes as smoothly as poss for u hon.
Sorry for ur loss.
Hugs xxx

I've had three mc
First two had d and c.
This one a month ago had medical mgt.
Ask anything u like
If I can answer u I will xxx
Hugs

Sorry for your loss. I miscarried naturally in September, I started bleeding on a Wednesday, passed the sac the next day and continued to bleed until the following Saturday, so in all about a week and a half. I was supposed to be 9+4 but I had a scan on the Thursday (the day I passed it) and baby measured behind at 5+5 plus had a heartbeat. Heartbeat gave me hope but it wasn't to be. I hope it doesn't last too long for you. To give you some hope, after just one cycle I'm pregnant again, currently 8 weeks and all good so far, so although it's devastating, hang in there and you'll get your rainbow baby soon. Hugs to you.

I've had three mc
First two had d and c.
This one a month ago had medical mgt.
Ask anything u like
If I can answer u I will xxx
Hugs

Thank you so much. I had kinda hoped they would offer me something but they just want nature to run its course. Gave me an appointment for 23rd Dec to go back and just said in meantime if the bleeding gets really heavy to go to a&e. Not that they can do much there. I'm guessing that's just to see if it's all gone? Not really bleeding much today just little bits here and there and cramping is intermittent. I just don't want to have to go through Christmas feeling crappy especially if it's still not completely gone by that time. I suppose I'm going through a range of emotions at the moment. Anger, pain, grief, guilt, but mainly just wishing this was all over. That I wake up and it was all a bad dream.

I see ur in Ireland too.
The choice should be urs as to if u want to let nature take its course
Or hve some medical help.
I'm annoyed for u they didn't give u a proper choice xx
It would be easier on u if it wasn't happening over Xmas of course.
Its going to be crappy enough emotionally
Without physically still going through it then.
Hugs honey xxx
U could go to ur doc or hosp and demand help xx
If it was me id ask for d and c.
I did medical mgt this time.
It was physically fine but I didn't pass all the lining
And ended up with infection.
Hugs hon.
Hope ur holding up ok.
Its really tough time xxx
But I promise u will feel better in time
Even if it doesn't feel like it now xxx

Sorry for your loss. I think they are hesitant to use intervention when baby measures so small because once in a while they get it wrong and baby is okay, you just werent as far along as you thought.

I hope you are okay and it doesnt drag out for you too long. Hugs

Hey girls

Sorry I haven't been on in a few weeks but couldn't bring myself to do anything. Christmas was horrible for us this year and I'm still healing mentality.
just to update you all
I miscarried naturally on 13th December, went back to EPU on 24th for follow up appointment where I was told the miscarriage was complete and everything had passed.
Day 27 since miscarriage today so waiting and wondering when the witch will show her ugly face again.
Thank you all for your support. Xxx

Thanks for the update. I'm glad the worst of the physical part is over. The emotional part takes longer but it does get easier with time.

Sometimes it takes a while for your cycle and af to regulate. My first af after was a relief but quite hard too because it was really heavy and long. A lot of ladies seem to get a heavy af but then others find it is lighter than normal. Basically anything is noromal for the first cycle or two until your hormones regulate. I finally feel like my body is getting back to normal I'm just waiting to ovulate now.

It just feels never ending. Done hpt on Friday to check it was negative. Was barely a line I had to squint to see it. Repeated Sat morning and had a faint but very visable line. Left it then til yesterday morning and it was definitely negative. So I'm hoping that's the end of the hcg. 30 days since miscarriage hope to get af soon so I can start trying again.

Were you using the same brand tests? The lines dont usually get stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->