AJT

Reaction score
When does your midwife check your cervix, just abit concerned lol
xx

before labour they dont unless there is reason too

oh ok so they dont check whether its closed or open at midwife appointments
xx

They don't check it as a routine check.

Probably won't look until 40 week appointment to see if it is dilating and maybe to perform a sweep.

when i was pregnant with my daughter in the uk they NEVER checked my cervix , but now im pregnant over in germnay every appointment ive had they have wanted to check cervix with an internal scan etc !! .... i dread it me .....

I wasn't even checked at 40 weeks when pregnant with my daughter - it was only when I was in early labour that I was checked.

Don't worry. :hugs:

I had mine checked just once at my 8 week appointment to make sure it was closed. Shouldn't check it again till labor.

No, never checked when I was pregnant with Anna. I had a c-section at 39+3 so didnt get to labour either!

I wouldnt expect to have it checked other than to see how far on you are into the labour.
:flower:

Never, i got a sweep at 41 weeks and had no internals until then. I then had 2 in labour. Don't plan to have any this time unless there's a reason.

I only got it checked when something was wrong. Ouchy!! Stuck her whole friggin hand up there - not pleasant. So yes, be very glad you don't get it checked on a normal basis!!

Mine was checked from 35 weeks on but i think it was only because I had preterm labor at 34 weeks that was stopped thankfully.

I only got it checked when something was wrong. Ouchy!! Stuck her whole friggin hand up there - not pleasant. So yes, be very glad you don't get it checked on a normal basis!!

midwives only put 2 fingers in actually though im sure it does feel like a whole hand lol! we couldnt feel anymore with a whole hand then we could with 2 fingers really, so its no advantage to use at all to do this and it would be extremely difficult to get a hand up there, esp if its your first baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->