When eating & drinking 18 months plus..??

Seraphim

Amazing Baby Girl
Reaction score
I just wondered what you all think/practice when it comes to toddlers and food...

Do you ask/make them sit down to eat and drink? or to stay in one particular room? or do you give them freedom to take food and drink around with them while they toddle and play? Is this the same if you go to visit other people? And do you rerstrict what they might eat in other peoples homes?

Hannah's a month shy but it really depends on what meal it is. For breakfast, lunch and dinner she sits in her high chair (dinner we eat at the table together as a family) for snacks she generally sits on the floor and eats but she has the freedom to move about if she wishes. And our living area/main floor is one large space so she doesn't really move from room to room.

At other people's houses I don't really restrict her but I generally take food with me so she's covered. Sometimes if we're having something she likes she'll eat off our plates as well but I don't expect others to provide for her if that makes sense. Sometimes she sits down and eats if the person has a high chair (and she will sit) sometimes she walks around and eats, again it depends on where we are at

oh and she has water in a sippy cup on the floor all day long so she can drink whenever she wants

For food they have to sit at the table. Hayden if he has a sippy I'll let him take it around, but that's it. At peoples houses it's the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"