When/how to announce

krissie328

Reaction score
Hey ladies- just wondering how and when you plan yo announce.

I've told my mom and bestie. For everyone else I will wait until after we find out the gender at 16 weeks. Ds had a big brother shirt that I plan to let him wear and people can figure it out. :haha:

I plan to post a video on Facebook once we find out the gender. Probably with ds in that shirt opening a box of appropriately colored balloons.

We were going to tell our parents at 8 week scan but feeling nervous so telling them at 12 weeks.

We will probably announce it at 20 weeks. I've never had a miscarriage but I'm very worried it might happen so the longer the better!

Planning on no social media announcement but might do that after 24 weeks :)

Yea, I've had two losses so I'm a little nervous about it. We kept it under wraps with ds so plan to do the same this time. I was leaning towards doing social media after 20 weeks. It really depends on when we tell the in-laws as they drove me mad when I was pregnant with ds.

I've mostly done the same as with our daughter so far so probably will keep doing the same. So far we've told my mum and at some point I'll probably tell one close friend (only reason I haven't yet is because I just haven't gotten around to it). We also told them early with our first (friend is a doula so good whenever I have a question and really supportive). I had a loss earlier in the year and it was good then that they knew and could support us, so I wanted the same.

Besides that pretty much everyone else will just find it from Facebook, though BIL and SIL who we're really close to might get a text first. We definitely made a bigger deal out of it the first time and with the pregnancy we lost and I had cute ways to tell my mum. But this time she just got an email (she lives overseas so we mostly just email and Skype).

Probably announce around 14-20 weeks. Did it at 14 last time, but might wait. We go plan to find out the sex at 20 weeks, but don't want to announce it really, so probably only tell people if they ask.

I have a scan and first tri blood work tomorrow, from that we will be able to find the gender at 13 weeks so we will be doing a gender reveal and pregnancy announcement all at once in the next couple of week assuming everything from and scan and blood work is okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->