When I went for a scan...

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by MissDX, Aug 20, 2009.

1. MissDX

MissDX Well-Known Member

I started bleeding last Thursday, and I passed the baby, so I knew I'd lost it ((I was 8 week pregnant)) I was very upset:cry: I'd been looking forward to seeing my baby so much.

The hopsital booked me in for a scan to make sure I was ok, which made sense, though I was a little upset having a scan and not seeing a baby:cry:

But what upset me more is the nurse said "Well, we'll presume you are still pregnant" which I didn't like! That just gets my hopes up!

And when she went to do the scan she said to me "So, you're 8 weeks pregnant?" What am I meant to say??? I knew I'd lost it, but they were making me more upset by pretending I was still pregnant. Then it was just like "Sorry, nothing here"

It just seemed a little...thoughtless of them. I'd prefer to presume I'd lost the baby and find the heartbeat still there than the other way round.

Anyone else had this? Is it a common thing?

I know it's only something small, but something that really bothered me considering I was already really upset:cry:

2. Sparklestar

Sparklestar Mommy to Keigan

hun im sorry for your loss, all i will say is hospitals are very very unthoughtful. Big hugs :hugs: xxx

3. toby2

toby2 Mum of 1,expecting #2

There are lots of stories of insensitivity from hospitals on here-think they can be very matter of fact about it all which can be heart breaking when you are in pain and its your baby.
    Its not a little thing, its an important thing for you and i am sorry it was made harder for you by what someone said-another common thing does seem to be medical staff not listening or taking on board what us mummies say- as you explained you knew you had lost your little one and you were right
    So sorry for you loss, talking on here helps
    xx

4. MissDX

MissDX Well-Known Member

Thank you :) I thought I was over reacting being upset about it, but my emotions are all over the place. You're right though, it does help to talk about it. I'm only 20, so a lot of my friends have no idea what I'm going through (I'm the first to have children) which can make it more difficult.

I'm glad I have someone to listen to me :) I appreciate it. It helps to have a little rant now and again instead of bottling it x