When / if to buy cbfm???

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Ok so I'm considering buying a cbfm but they are sooooooo expensive!!!
Have you girls found they help?
When do you need to start using it on a cycle?
Currently cd22 and even though I'm not feeling very positive about getting a BFP this month I don't want to risk spending all that money if I do! If I order one on cd1 and wait a few days for it to arrive is that ok? When in your cycle are you supposed to start using it and is it actually worth the money??

Didn't want to read and run. I have seen the fertility monitor on eBay for really cheap. You can reset it if it's been used. I know some people only use it when ovulation approaches.

Ok so I'm considering buying a cbfm but they are sooooooo expensive!!!
Have you girls found they help?
When do you need to start using it on a cycle?
Currently cd22 and even though I'm not feeling very positive about getting a BFP this month I don't want to risk spending all that money if I do! If I order one on cd1 and wait a few days for it to arrive is that ok? When in your cycle are you supposed to start using it and is it actually worth the money??

Hey lovely,

I've had CBFMS when TTC my DDs, I bought them new both last times, I got good offers, there were no offers this time so I bought mine off ebay for £25! It's in great condition and full working order, it's my first cycle using it I'm due to start testing with the sticks tomorrow, I fell pregnant with my DDs the first time I used it with both of them (on different occasions they're not twins, just incase I confuse you) I use it as it's the easiest way to pinpoint ovulation when coming off hormonal contraception for me :thumbup:

You start using it by turning it on, on cycle day 1, I think you can set it upto day 4 or 5 if it arrives late and on your first cycle you start testing on day 6. As I bought mine 2nd hand I have reset it, you have to use a test stick to reset it, sticks say to use straight away when open, but I'm going to use that one tomorrow on CD6, as it's going to be "low" fertility anyway so it will be fine.

Here's a link to the instructions on the website so you can have a read through the manual, it explains things in depth

https://uk.clearblue.com/sites/default/files/fam_leaflet.pdf

Hope this helps, good luck x :flower:

I really rate cbfm (as you know!) having got my bfp at the wknd after first month of using it. I didn't realise how late I was ovulating and we missed it every month...!! O day wasn't tallying with cm or o pains or anything.

They are blinking expensive but 100% worth it IMO, esp if you get one second hand.

I too was worrying about when to buy mine as obvs didn't want to spend loads if I got my bfp without it. So what I did was order it on cd1 from Amazon but choose 1 day delivery - ok you pay for delivery but then you can use it that month (you can start it if you get it before cd5)

Anyway fingers crossed you get your bfp this month! Lots of luck to you xx

Hey I've just bought one, managed to get a bargain on eBay, so I definitely advise you look on there first.
I've heard so many positive stories about the cbfm so it fills me with positive thoughts.
We've been trying for some time now and because I have irreg af it's almost impossible to pinpoint ovulation.
My last cycle was 28 days so I'm hoping this one is too and if so I'm due 5/11 at which point I'll start the cbfm as I've read you should start it on cd1. I'll have to reset mine before I use it as it's second hand but the pee doesn't touch the monitor so it's not a bad thing getting second hand.... The lady I got it off sent me an eBay message and told me she conceived 2nd month using it (first month using it, it's apparently getting used to you, although evidently ^^^ others have conceived using their cbfm first time)
I've never wanted af before but wishing for it to come so I can start using my new toy :) definitely worth it so it seems and I'll keep you updated :) xx

Hi, I am on CD1 and I really thought about ordering one on Amazon a few days ago but never did because of the high price...$100+ for the monitor and then $50+ for the test sticks...I would love to buy it if I knew it worked but I am not sure if I can spend $150+ for one month...I am guessing the monitor you can reuse each month with new test sticks?

Yeah you can use the monitor for as many months as you need it! The sticks are expensive too though...in theory one pack should last two months but the first month you do tend to go through a whole pack (I did anyway)

You know what the other thing I found with it - it really stopped me stressing about cervical mucus/ovulation symptoms and other such like - we just put our trust in the monitor and basically let it tell us when to dtd! So if you're finding ttc stressful it may well help take the stress out of it (well that's what I found anyway!)

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"