When in an argument, has your friend used your infertility against you?

alicarr74

Reaction score
I have had this friend, that over the course of seven years has been wishy washy, but I of course looked past the flaws of our friendship because I love her. The other day she decides to bash my husband, who I defend, then tells me, "maybe it's a good thing you two aren't having luck getting pregnant." I just can not imagine having the hatred behind that statement, to tell my supposed best friend that it is a good thing they can't get pregnant.

I think what hurts even more is she knows the struggles that I have been through with endometriosis, and now trying to have a baby. She knows that me and my husband had to become responsible adults at a young age, and have a home, and at the same time we are working full time I am also a college student.

I just do not know how to alleviate myself from that heart breaking statement. Needless to say, I will not give someone another chance after making a statement regarding our fertility issues, along with bashing my husband for past mistakes.

My question is, how do you deal with statements like these from a loved one? I think the hardest part for me is taking it in, because I just couldn't imagine someone saying that...because it is just 100 percent morally wrong.

You are correct, that is completely wrong, and I could never imagine someone who was a supposed friend saying those things. I personally would not be friends anymore. She clearly had thought of this before she made the statement. I know it is hard but some people out there are just ruthless.

That is a terrible thing for her to say and you dont deserve such cruelty. Kick her ass to the curb! Huge hugs mama<3

Wow!! That's not a good friend at all,she is not worthy of your friendship IMO what she said just screams negativity and just all around toxic person you do not need in your life period...ditch her for good!

To be honest if it was me, unless they said it off the mark by accident and didn't really think about what they were saying, AND were sorry, I wouldn't speak to them again.

Hugs x

Thanks guys, I really needed to vent here about it...I have realized a significant other is not the only one that can break your heart but also your friends, and it almost hurts worse, when they consider them like a sister. I will forgive her, but I will never claim friendship with her again. She said it because she knew it would hit me hard, and she was already aware of the emotional state I was in to find out we were not pregnant again for another month. I am sure she said it also because I would not choose our friendship over my marriage, which is completely selfish of a friend to expect. Thank you guys so much for your uplifting words.

I actually have no words! To forgive yes but I would NEVER let her back in to my life after that! I wouldn't even expect that from my worst enemy let alone my 'best friend' I'm sickened people go on like that and why - even in an argument - a friend would WANT to hurt you like that!

I'm sorry she said that and wish you the best for your next cycle :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"