When is CM classed as watery?

g_and_t

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi all
I thought this cm monitoring stuff would be straight forward but I'm confused!!
I'm on cd12 today and yest when I checked cm it just looked 'wet'.... No milkiness just clear not slimy just 'wet'.
Same again today... And now fertility friend app says I'm most fertile but I thought the cm had to be EW, stringy and elastic for it to most favourable???
Opks were neg the last 2 days but haven't checked today yet... Will do it when I get home...
Been BDing since cd9 anyway... Does anyone know whether this 'wet' cm is a sign that the EWCM is imminent or am I getting the definition of 'watery' cm wrong?

CM becomes wetter and more watery close to ovulation. Watery CM allows sperm to move rapidly into the cervix.
I always have stretchy CM a couple days before I get a + OPK. Then its stays watery till I ovulate.

CM becomes wetter and more watery close to ovulation. Watery CM allows sperm to move rapidly into the cervix.
I always have stretchy CM a couple days before I get a + OPK. Then its stays watery till I ovulate.

So does urs go stretchy, then pos opk, then wet, then ov?

I know everyone's diff but if that's the case then maybe I'm missing my 'stretchy' phase cos I didn't see any ( and when it's happened before its been really noticeable.... )

Only been properly charting for 3 months and so far I have erratic cycles 24-31 and my progesterone blood tests were inconclusive so I'm trying to figure out if and when I actually ov. I'm battling as even my bbt is all over the place!

Appreciate ur help tho xx

Dry: Record “dry” if you have no cervical mucus present. If the outside of your vaginal feels dry and you have no cervical mucus. You may most likely experience dryness before ovulation after your period and after ovulation.
Sticky: Record “sticky” if your cervical mucus is glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly, breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear.
Creamy: Creamy cervical mucus is close to hand lotion. It can be white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly and break easily.
Watery: “Watery” cervical mucus is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical mucus is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical mucus or you may get it before you get egg white cervical mucus or you may not get this type of fluid at all.
Egg white: This is your most fertile cervical mucus. Record “egg white” if your cervical mucus looks at all like egg whites. It should be stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.

So lots of :sex: time :) :thumbup:

Dry: Record “dry” if you have no cervical mucus present. If the outside of your vaginal feels dry and you have no cervical mucus. You may most likely experience dryness before ovulation after your period and after ovulation.
Sticky: Record “sticky” if your cervical mucus is glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly, breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear.
Creamy: Creamy cervical mucus is close to hand lotion. It can be white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly and break easily.
Watery: “Watery” cervical mucus is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical mucus is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical mucus or you may get it before you get egg white cervical mucus or you may not get this type of fluid at all.
Egg white: This is your most fertile cervical mucus. Record “egg white” if your cervical mucus looks at all like egg whites. It should be stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.

Ha ha... Thanks! Have been so let's hope i do actually produce an egg this month!! I've been feeling very crampy low down so maybe that's a good sign!

Your brilliant,ive just been the loo & found a blob of Watery,stretchy egg white CM... Me & OH did :sex: last night,i wondered if it might be anything because of that!? Ha!... Lots of :sex: now then,cause i maybe fertile right???

Hi all
I thought this cm monitoring stuff would be straight forward but I'm confused!!
I'm on cd12 today and yest when I checked cm it just looked 'wet'.... No milkiness just clear not slimy just 'wet'.
Same again today... And now fertility friend app says I'm most fertile but I thought the cm had to be EW, stringy and elastic for it to most favourable???
Opks were neg the last 2 days but haven't checked today yet... Will do it when I get home...
Been BDing since cd9 anyway... Does anyone know whether this 'wet' cm is a sign that the EWCM is imminent or am I getting the definition of 'watery' cm wrong?

Just thought Id chime in....it is possible to not have EW CM. I don't and am fertile and ovulating, Im either dry and watery (sorry TMI) throughout the month....so try not to get too confused, everyones body is different. FX crossed for you this month!

Hiya, I'm rubbish at all the charting stuff - haven't really done any, but been reading about it. Just wanted to say that I've read u shouldn't chart ur cm the day after unprotective sex, as ur cm and his sperm can be mixed up. In my case, every morning after sex the night before, I have a clump of what I think is ewcm. I got to a point where I thought, ok, how am I getting it so much, I thought u only had it when ovulating. Then I checked it against the days we'd had sex, and it was every single day after. I mean I don't know much really, just wanted to add my bit, and say what I've read offline. Xx

I have read it can be best to check after you have done a #2. This month I noticed EWCM after I had been to the bathroom (#2) but hadn't ever before so I think it's one of those things that might slip by without you really noticing. I was also worried about confusing semen for CM but if you are a couple that can continue to BD every 2nd day it won't matter anyway.

I'm confused about how to read this too. Thanks for the information it does help, I think I saw "creamy" today but I'm not sure how to tell the difference between that and EWCM. Could I be creamy on day 7?

The ewcm is really quite obvious I think, its like egg white and stringy. Like u can stretch it between finger + thumb. Creamy then doesn't stretch - this is just all from what I've read/heard, as I have no experience in it cos my cm is constant water-like :-/ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->