When is everyone telling family/friends?

ajarvis

Reaction score
I usually tell everyone right away, but 3 weeks 5 days is early ha. Remembering back to my youngest though I think I was only 1 week further along.

Would it be better to wait til I at least miss a period?

I think it's kind of up to you. I'm waiting until I see a heartbeat for my own peace of mind. We've told very close family and friends but nobody else. I would be devastated to have to deliver bad news after having given good news. I'm hoping that doesn't happen but you just never know. So for me...I wait until I see that little flicker. :)

Well I don't know when I'll be seeing or hearing a hb for that matter. Trying to get midwife care not dr care lol. I'm just curious what everyone is doing. My SO is telling his parents tonight, and my family will figure it out on Saturday when I say no to the wine :p

I've told my parents and few friends :)

Plan on telling my boss after ultasound so he can make arrangements because I need to be moved around twelve weeks to a desk job. And then after the nt scan at 12 weeks I plan on telling more friends and family and ofourse my 6 year old :)

No telling work for me for as long as possible - just started a new job 6 weeks ago!

Last time I told my mom right away (she's an ultrasound tech so I could get a scan right away!), my boss a week later (because I was so sick), and put it in Christmas cards for everyone else (around 12 weeks). My husband told his best friend at mile 22 of a marathon they were running a few weeks before Christmas, ha!

We'll probably do another Christmas card announcement for extended friends and family... otherwise I might just tell folks as I see them. I'm feeling much less concerned this time around--hope it doesn't backfire!

Mile 22 that's awesome lol. Take your mind off the pain for a moment :p

Me and my husband told our immediate family members only the day we found out (we were about 4W at the time)...I also told my two closest girlfriends not too long after that. My boss also knows as I am a teacher and have terrible M/S.

We usually let the cat out of the bag after our first ultrasound. Mine is next week, which would put me at 11W...so if everything goes well on the U/S, I'll tell everyone...that way I don't have to hide my bump anymore and have a valid excuse for constantly not going to things.

I'm kind of stuck having to tell DH's family. :/ so I'll be 6 weeks when I tell them, but it'll be after my doctor appointment so don't know if I'll have an ultrasound or not. Last time I told right after my doctors appointment, we went to see everyone and told them. I was 5 weeks when I told last pregnancy. I wanted to tell around 12 weeks this time but DH's cousin is having a baby and is due around the time I turn 12 weeks so. Don't want her mad at me.

My SO is telling his parents tonight. Going to let him be the first to tell anyone since it's his first. Then I'll decide whether or not to just email a pic of the test to my sister-in-law or not :p

Have our scan on Monday at 2:45 so will either tell that afternoon/evening or within the week

About everyone knows from today, 8+1 after seeing baby and a nice strong heartbeat

We only told my parents so far. Mainly because they watched my daughter while I went and got blood work done. We are waiting until Thanksgiving to start telling in-laws and then announcing it all on facebook on Dec. 6th (St. Nick's day). Our daughter will be opening up a gift (she is 15 months on Nov 2nd) and it will be a shirt that says Big Sister on it.

My SO just asked about a facebook announcing lol. Told him to go for it if he wanted to. ha. Not really my thing.

Only reason we do facebook is because I am not close to many of my family and it is the only way they would know and they like to know things like that. I cut most out of our lives minus facebook really XD

I did Facebook since everyone on there are close or personal friends and family. We live in a new state so we don't see any of them currently. We told our close family members and a few best friends over phone at the very beginning.

Great question as was wondering this myself.

With dd we told our parents around 7 weeks and everyone else about a week after because of severe morning sickness.

With poor nugget that I miscarried at 8 weeks we didn't tell a soul. I just knew something wasn't right.

With this one. .told parents at 7 weeks after seeing a heartbeat on an ultrasound. I'll wait until the 12 weeks before telling friends and other family. Will also use Facebook as I live overseas ftom many frienfs and family.

oh I'm not judging using facebook not at all lol. I didn't "call" anyone. I texted a pic of my HPT to my mom, and my two sister in laws, and texted my brother ha. The funny part is no one called me in return we all texted for a while ha.

With my first we didn't tell anybody until Christmas when I was 11 weeks, we put a scan photo in a frame that said "baby's first Christmas" and have it to my parents. Everybody (including oh!a family as they aren't that close) else we waited until after our 12 week scan.

I only told my immediate family about our miscarriage and that was after it happened.

With our second baby, I told my immediate family at about 9 weeks after we'd had a scan for loads of bleeding, which was lucky as we then had loads more bleeding and were back and forwards for scans.

Then with this baby - which was completely unplanned - we were meant to be going on a big family holiday that my mum has already paid for when I would be 8 months so I had to say early (about 8 weeks) as I didn't know if I'd still be able to go

If it was all up to me I would wait until we have had our 20 week scan if I could hide it that long. Hubby wants to tell people after the 12 weeks scan tho so I guess I will have to respect what he wants!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"