When is everyone telling family/friends?

I actually really have considered, seriously though my husband thinks I'm joking, not telling anyone and just letting them see me get bigger. There have been people, ever since before we got married, asking when we were going to have kids. And some people in his family claimed he married me only because he got me pregnant, not true at all. So I'm not saying anything. I'm surprised he hasn't started telling people yet.

For me, I know that I would like support for the pregnancy or (knock on wood) if something were to happen. So we plan on telling as soon as possible but since this is our last we want to come up with something creative. We'll probably spill the beans on Halloween when we all get together. If anyone has any Halloween themed ideas, I'd love to hear them!

For me, I know that I would like support for the pregnancy or (knock on wood) if something were to happen. So we plan on telling as soon as possible but since this is our last we want to come up with something creative. We'll probably spill the beans on Halloween when we all get together. If anyone has any Halloween themed ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Have pumpkins. A large 'Daddy' pumpkin, A 'momma' pumpkin, a toddler pumpkin, and then a baby pumpkin.

Or with the pumpkin idea, cut a hole in the back of the momma pumpkin and put the baby pumpkin inside for all to see.

Or a shirt that says, No trick...our treat is due (due date). Can easily make one of those just buy a white shirt and some shirt paint and there you go.

My partner's mum and dad are away on a 1 month trip and wont be back until next weekend, so I'll be 7w6d when we tell. We'd have told before if we could, we're lousy at keeping massive secrets.

Everyone else will find out in a little video we're making and will put on fb a few days later.

I've seen the hb already and we'll be having a private scan at 7w5d where hopefully we'll hear it and get a picture to help us share the news!

Have pumpkins. A large 'Daddy' pumpkin, A 'momma' pumpkin, a toddler pumpkin, and then a baby pumpkin.

Or with the pumpkin idea, cut a hole in the back of the momma pumpkin and put the baby pumpkin inside for all to see.

Or a shirt that says, No trick...our treat is due (due date). Can easily make one of those just buy a white shirt and some shirt paint and there you go.

Amazing ideas!

For our first it was about 12 weeks (after the first scan). We told one friend couple around 8 weeks because they announced their pregnancy at that time and we had almost the same due date! I didn't tell work until 18 weeks.
For my second I told one friend right away and then everyone else around 11-12 weeks.
Now on #3 and haven't told anyone yet! I think I'm 7 weeks. My sister is planning on doing IVF next month and I don't know whether I should tell her now or wait. I guess it is better to tell her now, hopefully things will work out well for them but it would be awful to have to tell her after a failed IVF.

There is no right answer.

First baby my best friend knew before my hubbie as she went with me to buy the test. We were so shocked (as weren't planning on trying for another 2 months when we got pregnant) that we told my parents immediately - it was shock! lol No one else knew until 12 weeks.

This time - we are hoping to keep it a secret until 12 weeks and announce to family Christmas. My mum has found out though - she saw the test in the bin lol then my vomiting was the confirmation she needed. She is sworn to secrecy.

Work - don't want to tell until January.

Told my boys this afternoon. They are super excited and trying to come up with names etc <3 going to be an interesting 36 weeks ha

For Halloween last year I was about 7 months pregnant and wore one of those skeleton tops with the baby skeleton laying across the tummy. This year I have my 12 week scan the day before Halloween, my sisters and parents know but my niece and nephews (who are 8,10 and 12) don't. I'm thinking of wearing the same top and seeing if they say anything. They didn't register when we put my eldest in his "I'm going to be a big brother" t shirt last time round but they're slightly older now so we'll see

Hubby and I told our Mom's... and our siblings. My kids know and are excited. A few coworkers know and my boss knows. I'm planning on working on my announcement this week and send it out to the rest of my coworkers and customers on Nov. 2nd .... then what is left is Facebook. We have ext. family on there, close friends... but the only thing I don't want is for my ex-husband to find out so soon. We are friends on FB but our son has a FB and has both of us on there. So if my son likes the photo or comments on the photo then he'll find out that way. I know I shouldn't worry and he has been my ex-husband for 4yrs but just don't feel he needs to know especially so early.

I feel ya. I'll be needing to tell my ex before this weekend as my boys are 8 and 5 and are super excited, but I just didn't feel he's on the top of the list for need to know until then :p But the boys will be talking about it for sure.

My kids are older, my son is 18 and my daughter is 12 so they are tight lipped especially after the loss we had earlier this year.

But once I put it on FB I know he'll end up seeing it one way or another. We don't talk only occasionally text on need basis. The kids talk to him daily and he takes my daughter to school and sometimes picks up my son. I just don't know if I need to text him prior to putting on FB so he hears it directly from me, or should I even care?

Your kids are older so probably doesn't matter. I'm telling mine out of courtesy before he sees it on facebook or hears from the kids because it is a big deal to our boys. And it's going to be a big change for them. He's already told me that him and his current gf are trying so fair is fair I think.

Yeah that is fair ;) My Ex has a GF that he is planning to marry soon that has 2 or 3 kids. She is much younger than me so most likely they will have a kid of their own in the future ;) I wish him the best just don't know how to break the news... or if I should have to. Should I stress on it ... I'm going to ask the kids what they think don't want them breaking this news but if he finds out from friends I rather that and the kids confirm it. I don't think he would let me know if it was the other way around. I would most likely hear it from the kids.

Then I wouldn't stress on it. Even with mine being young he's my last consideration lol. If it hits facebook before this weekend and that's how he finds out so be it. It has nothing to do with him personally. Just the boys!

We want to keep it a secret until the 20 week scan. A close friend knows but that is it. Is our 4th and I just think 34 weeks is too long for the kids to wait for their baby. There 2, 5 and 8. It's not going to be easy and might end up telling people at 12 Weeks When I know all is well as I'm rubbish at keeping secrets lol

I didnt get the announcement I wanted with my first so this time, I'll be announcing to family and friends during Thanksgiving. I'll be 12 weeks by then!

I'm waiting until my scan as I should be having it before Christmas. It'll be a nice surprise for everyone, lol.

I'm waiting for a scan. Maybe later. Depends how long I can get away with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"