When is it acceptable to start buying baby stuff?!

xLottiex

Reaction score
I walk past the baby departments and wish i could buy the lot!

Hubby thinks im mad because im only 5 weeks but by golly its tough to stay controlled!!

When did you start buying baby stuff?

What were the first things you bought?

There's a whole board dedicated to this with ladies who are having the same issue already! Haha. We posted every day about wanting to buy stuff, you are not alone lottie!

You should start buying stuff whenever you want... understanding the risks of course.

Also, realized that the earlier you start, the more money you'll probably spend. I've bought small things that can be given to others who are expecting if I don't need them or if someone else buys me the same thing. It's fun to buy!!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...er/2293735-early-people-buying-odd-thing.html

I didn't buy with my first until after my 12 week scan, this time I already have most but I won't get the odd thing I need until about 20 weeks. It'll give me something to look forward too, having done it once I know pregnancy can drag on and on!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...er/2293735-early-people-buying-odd-thing.html

Yes that's the other thread. I think it's fun to look, I'll prob wait until I know if it's a boy or a girl to really shop. But I also don't want to do it all early and then not have that to look forward to later like you say. And I'm keeping receipts incase I get things as gifts later on. I also have friends due around the same time so if I end up with more than I need then I can give some as gifts.

With my first I waited till 16 weeks when we found out and me and oh went straight to shop and got a dress and shoes.i havent started buying yet mainly because my sister just had a boy and has suitcases if stuff to give and I have my girls stuff still

SO and I are planning to buy a couple of little things after our 12 weeks scan, I have this irrational fear that I will jinx everything if I get too ahead of myself, but! i have purchased a few maternity clothing items and even a couple nursing bras (just for the comfort) I don't see anything wrong with getting a couple soothers or a bib or two! it's all in how you feel

I started buying before my BFP this time , crazy I know but I can't help it if something's cute or cheap I buy it :)

For me, it was acceptable to start buying stuff before my BFP LOL! The first thing I bought was a baby suit, and I have bought some more clothes and a blanket since. I can't help myself!

I've brought a bit so far :) the crib, bouncer, few boxes of wipes and nappies, toiletries etc

The pram is picked out but not buying till the very end, main reason due to storage xx

I've started already my local tesco had there xmas fluffy onsies down to £3 how could I resist when baby is due November lol I'm. It superstitious and I believe that what happens happens this is my 3rd and im too excited ill buy if I see a good bargain xxxx

For those of you already buying stuff... target has a great diaper deal...

https://thekrazycouponlady.com/2015/03/16/pampers-super-packs-16-24-target-8-00-savings/?fb=target

To tell my husband the good news, I bought a little sleeper that says "I love my daddy" but that is probably all I will buy until after 12 weeks.

I need a carseat cause the one my 16 month old is using expires this year. A crib or play pen my 16 month old is in a play pen so i may get a crib for her and put baby in playpen. And i want a tula baby carrier even if something happened i can still use it for 16 mont old. Other then that if i have another girl i may need or want a few more outfits and get rid of some older ones. If a boy then i need to start over there since mu oldest boy will be 7 this summer. Then just a few small things like binkies and diapers. So i may ask my husband for a tula for my birthday in june. Then i think we eed to start buying stuf sooner then later. At least expensive stuff cause i work fast food and i get huge fast and there comes a part sooner or later that its just not safe for me.. With wet floors and all. So need to
buy it before we are down to one paycheck.

I was super nervous and superstitious in the beginning and I didn't buy anything until I was officially in the second trimester.

At about 15 weeks or so I bought some little onsies (just basic white newborn)

Then after my 20 weeks scan when I found out the gender I bought the cutiest little dress I could not resist :laugh2:

I am still nervous and I will be entering the third trimester soon.

My advise is go with whatever you feel is right, people kept telling me to relax and enjoy the pregnancy, they were right, but I don't regret my decision to wait. So just trust your gut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->