when is it ok to stpp sterilising bottles?

12 months is generally what is recommended in the UK though I think thats is more to cover theyve been washed sufficiently!

I;ll be sterilizing till LO is off of formula. The bacteria formed from formula milk is not the same as the bacteria that they lick off of the floor, and because of that it is important to sterilize their bottles while drinking formula. Of course the chances are small, so to each their own. I know people who only sterilize them when they're new and after that just wash them with soap and water (not hot water).

This, my understanding is the bacteria that builds up in milk is particularly nasty.

I believe the UK recommendations are to sterilize everything up to 6 months (bottles, spoons, dummies, etc), and to sterilize anything for milk (bottles, teats etc) up until 1 year.
However, I think I stopped sterilizing milk bottles around 9 or 10 months, but they are always washed in the top part of the dishwasher on a high setting.

we cold water sterilise - we have a travel steriliser but rarely use it now! we generally just fill the stock pot up with water add a tablet done!

I will be sterilising til 1 year - im a big fan of germs to help build the immune system one 1 - the germs in milk formula is different to your every day germs and 2 out water is not great in this area! very chalky! when you pour water into a glass you can see all the chalk floating around in it! :/

I have that steriliser and mine does the same. It means it's picking up too much water residue.
I un plug, clean the full thing out, dry thoroughly so completely dry, then put back together and ensure I only put the amount of water in off bottle.
I normally run a full cycle empty and it sorts itself out xxxx

Wow I honestly never heard of anyone sterilizing until 1 year omg. That's a toddler. I can't imagine still sterilizing ...

At 3 months we've stopped doing it all the time, i.e. generally, the bottles will still get a sterilise if they've been left too long without cleaning, otherwise just a wash in soapy water.

We like germs in our family though, I know that sounds odd, but I don't want things too clean and sterile.

I stopped when my LO got out of the NICU, but he didn't take bottles until I went back to work at 3 months, and we use EBM in them.

We like germs too.

Stopped at about 3 or 4 months...we just use hot soapy water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->