when is right to stop BF- opinions/experiences pls!

mummy2be77

Reaction score
My LO is now 26 weeks, weaning is going well, she's happy and gets all her milk from me.
I've tried cups/bottles of expressed milk or formula, she just won't accept anything, spits it out and cries.
I've been with her 24/7 since she was born because of this.
Am I selfish because I now want to do combi feeding so I can leave her for a few hours with someone? There's offers of Spa days near me, I'd love to go on one, I'd also love to join the gym again.
Also, I have been putting off a routine medical procedure as they have said I won't be able to BF for 48 hours because of the drugs needed. I have tried pumping, takes 30 mins to get 2oz.
The thing is, when she wakes in the night, a BF is the only way to settle her, last night was the first night she slept for over 8 hours straight (bedtime 6.30pm, she woke at 9.30 for a feed then slept til 6am)
When are others planning to stop BF?
I gave up with my boy, who's now 3, at 10 months, I'll have to go back to work when she's a year so it'll have to stop then.
Any tips on introducing a cup or bottle?

Whether to continue to breastfeed or not is your choice, no one can make that decision for you. Everyone has there own reasons for continuing or stopping. This thread has average mins and maxs.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...minimum-maximum-length-time-you-would-bf.html

This thread offers tips on cup/bottle feeding.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...ottle-refusers-help-tips-success-stories.html

Good luck!

I was in the same boat but someone said to me that giving up breastfeeding can be as hard as starting it - and I looked at it completely differently.

As I said in the thread above I've now managed to get LO down to a feed in the morning and a feed at night and the rest is bottles. This has taken me nearly 3 months and a bit of patience and work... But it's been worth it. I offered bottles before breast and very slowly she started to drink up and stop asking for the boob. Now she seems equally happy with either. I still use the boob for comfort at night.

I don't think it's selfish to want to combi feed (since I'm doing it, haha.) Ebf for 6 months is an amazing achievement. We have to go to work sometime though.

Every mommy/baby bond is different, and so is lifestyle. I would do some research and figure out what would work for you both. I can't comment too much except my LO didn't take a bottle at first, but with time and patience, my boyfriend can. He acts like it's nursing time. Sits in the rocker with LO's favorite blanket, soft music is playing, lol. It works.

So something can work out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"