• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

When is the best time of day to do your basal temperature?

Wannabe_Mummy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Wondering if anyone can advise, when you feel the best time of day to do your basal temperature is and how many time a day should I be doing it?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

x

Sign up to Fertility Friend site, it explains EVERYTHING about it! And does all the work for you. Check mine in the sig :)

Hi! Generally speaking, you should do it at the same time every day, when you first wake up. It's suggested to keep your BBT on a table beside your bed so all you have to do is grab it when the alarm goes off. You are trying to track the coldest your body gets during the day. After you wake up and get moving around, your body naturally warms up and can fluctuate, so temps taken then will be difficult to chart and trend.

I hope this helps!

I agree, as soon as you wake up, don't go to the loo or drink liquids for at least 3-4 hours before the time...

I didn't think about the drinking liquids thing... I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night so thirsty so I keep a glass of water there just in case... hm.

As long as you drink the water and then have 3 hours of sleep before taking your temperature it shouldn't have much difference.

I always set an alarm for 6am and take my temperature then go back to sleep. It is important to try and keep all of the variables the same each night as well like same amount of duvets/covers and heating at the same temp etc.

I accidentally kicked off my covers over night on Monday and my temperature dropped so much that fertility friend was trying to alter my ovulation day and I had to discard the temp :dohh:

Basal- meaning base temperture. When you wake up in the morning (should be same time every morning) take your temp before really moving or talking as these could change your temperature. On weekends i like to sleep in so I set an alarm for 7- wake up- pop it in my mouth, wait for it to beep, throw it to the side and fall back asleep, then i check the memory when i wake up and record it. It took me 3 months to be able to chart consistantly- but now I do it when I hear the alarm without thinking or even really waking up. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"