When is the right time?

Im having a baby!! :)
Reaction score
Good evening ladies

I haven't been on here lately as been really busy with work and raising my now 3 year old :( where has my baby gone

My partner and I have recently started discussing having another one but when do you know the time is right.

We are okay financially and im currently sitting exams for my professional qualification that will see a wage rise nearly finished :)

Our daughter is 3 and goes to nursery 2 days a week. And currently my partner stays at home dad.

When was the right time for you?
I have all these pros and cons in my head but deep down I would love another child.

I always said I would until daughter was in school as I would get more one on one time with each child however with her being at nursery I think this is still possible.

Im also slightly overweight (baby weight that I just havnet lost) so will that affect chances

Every comment is appreciated
Thank you :)

Hello,

I am asking myself the same question right now. SO and I have one little guy right now and he's 19 months old. Originally, I wanted a large gap between them so that I could spend time with the baby while our oldest was at school, but now I'm questioning that too and I am considering a 4-5 year age gap between them. We can't start TTC until LO is at least 3 years old, so I have some time to sort through the decision but the large age gap I was originally considering seems like too much now. I think that once he goes to nursery school, I would get that time alone with the baby that I want.

Our little girl turns 3 next week. I also want to spend a bit more time with her as at the moment I work quite long hours due to travel so I would be at 24/7 and although she is away at nursery i would be the one dropping off and collecting her.

Just starting to feel that now is the right time

To tell you ladies the truth, there is never a perfect time. When you're ready you'll know, they'll always be a thousand reasons why you shouldn't but there are always a thousand and one why you should! Children are amazing and if you really feel yourselves longing for that extra addition, I'd say go for it, things always have a habit of working themselves out!

I wanted to TTC when my DD turned 1 but OH wanted to wait a bit longer for various reasons so we started TTC when she was 19 months and fell pregnant the month she turned 2. I didn't want to wait too long to TTC as i'm 30 this year, would like 3 children in total and i'd prefer to have my childbearing years whilst i'm reasonably young and so they're all fairly close in age. Also I have PCOS so I didn't know how long TTC might take (DD was a surprise but this one took 5 months actively TTC) We have a good relationship, both working (not in amazingly well paid jobs but the bills all get paid, DD has everything she needs and we manage to save every month) and we both wanted another baby so as far as we're concerned we're in as good a position as any to do that :flower:

To tell you ladies the truth, there is never a perfect time. When you're ready you'll know, they'll always be a thousand reasons why you shouldn't but there are always a thousand and one why you should! Children are amazing and if you really feel yourselves longing for that extra addition, I'd say go for it, things always have a habit of working themselves out!

This is very true. I can't wait to have children but right now I don't feel ready and I like having time to myself. It'll happen when it's meant to.

This is very true. I can't wait to have children but right now I don't feel ready and I like having time to myself. It'll happen when it's meant to.

Exactly, when its right, you'll know! Don't rush yourself if you don't feel it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->