When is the right time?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I'm in a situation I didn't think I'd ever be in. I thought after what we went through with Rio I was one and done.
My implant is due out next month and I can't help feeling like if I have it in for another 3 years I'll miss my chance for another as 6+ year gap is too much.
I don't feel 'ready' for a second child but are you ever?
Around now is about the time I would've wanted another in my imaginary world before kids and I think 2 is my limit.
Rio is becoming more independent, we can do more now, do we want to go back to that baby stage again? Will I have another preemie and go through all that again?

My cousin is newly pregnant and I feel that if I was to get caught now or while she is/soon after new baby everyone would feel I'm stealing her thunder. I think SIL is going to try next year for #2 and we were pregnant at the same time with #1 so don't feel like then would be right either as again if she caught first she would think I was being spiteful.
But I can't put my family on hold forever. This extra family member that I'm not even sure if/when I want. I'd never be unhappy by another pregnancy but, I just don't know!?

Anyone been in a similar situation? Help! I wish someone could make the decision for me!

In my opinion there is always something that you can use as a reason to wait if you look for it. It's never "the right time", I believe you have to feel it in your heart if it's the right time. I wouldn't put to much into what others will think, I sensed your looking for reasons not too. Do you have reasons why you want another baby? There is nothing wrong wit having just one. Not saying your like this but I know people that had a baby when they didn't really want one and now treat that child very poorly. It's a tough choice but I would discuss it with DH and see what he thinks. Take some time to do what's right for your family regardless of what others think of do. Good luck 🙂

We had my last one at 34 weeks and are now trying for our last. I'm worried about having another early too but I discussed it with my doctor and there is no guarantee that another baby would be early. That too is a crap shoot. It's a valid concern though foresure

IMO if i was you i wouldnt be bothered about thinking about others opinions on timing, im sure they wouldnt look at it as you being spiteful, and if they did thats very sad! i would just base it on you and your OH and rio and whether you feel its best. i dont think there is a right time really, and have the same reservations as you - going back to newborn stage etc. maybe write a list of pros and cons? x

I was pregnant with our 1st when my sil was pregnant with her 3rd (last) and it didn't take any thindwr away at all. I wouldn't worry about it. Just talk to your husband. Maybe wait on getting another implant in for now. Let your body get back to normal without bc and see how you feel then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->