When is too old?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I was just wondering what age you think the stop off point is for having children.

This would be based on your opinion not to snub others because its older than what you think is right!

I always thought maybe about 30 but it doesn't seem a bad thing for a woman 35 to conceive these days?

ive never really thought about it tbh

i think the oldest if i was to have anymore wich im not would be very latest 35-38 :oops:

OH mum was 36 when she had OH :D

but i think these woman who have kids at 60 + is really unfair on the kids growing up :(

So did your OH ever think he had an old Mum or was all ok? If you know what I mean?

:D

well she was just a bit more protective as their was 7 years between him and his older brother and she didnt let them go to play school and when it was time to start school they didnt want to go they wanted to stay home :lol: :lol:

shes really old fashond :roll: always has been :lol:

and i think she was a bit surprised when i fell pregnant with Adele at 17 cos back in her days i think that was a no no :lol: :lol:

Well I'll be having number 1 a couple of months after I turn 30 :shock:
I always said I'd not have any after 30 :shock:

I def want more so I'd probably give it a 2/3 year gap and try again but by about 37/38 that would be me done.

Cx

I personaly wouldnt want anymore children after im 30.

But i think the age limit for me is 40, after that i dont think people should have any kids coz its not fair on them. but thats just my opinion.

xx

but then it depends on the peron i no some 40 yr olds that act like they are 60. but then my mum is 40 and is very young at heart.

IF i do have another child i will be waiting ubtill mine are alot older. il be over 30 by then. il be earning good money hopefully own my house then do it all again

I would say 45-50. Its an subjective thing Ii guess - some 50 year olds are in fantastic shape and full health whereas some 35 year olds aren't.

beanie said:
I would say 45-50. Its an subjective thing Ii guess - some 50 year olds are in fantastic shape and full health whereas some 35 year olds aren't.

I agree with beanie. I've just hd Frankie at 32 and 'probably' won't have anymore but I will never say never because you don't know what life will throw at you!

I agree with beanie and dionne, I dont think its a set age, if you went on when you hit manapause some women go through this as early as their 20s! Also I think so long as you feel physically capable of it, and I dont mean just the pregnancy itself but bringing up a child. My Uncle is now 65 and still regularly goes rock climing and is physically fitter than most people in their 20s! I think its bad when some women in their 20s have children when they are morbidly obese and smoke and dont look after themselves. It makes me wonder how they think they can look after children when they cant look after themselves, and get out of reath just walking upstairs let alone running round after a toddler. If your older and have looked after yourself physically, you also tend to have the advantage of wisdom and fanancial security so can often offer a child more.

Its interesting how young a 'stop' age many of you give to having children if your a woman, what is your view on if your a man? my OH is 36 this year, and will prob be 39-40 when we finish having children, whay age do you think is the oldest to become a parent?

i think any age ppl may want kids early in life like 20ish live life with their children and be young at heart with the children but other ppl may want to live life do everything they want then have a child because they have all the time in the world to look after there child as they have done everything and furfiled there dreams so i dont think u should have a limit on what age u should stop because each person is different and want different things at different times of live as long as you love the child i dont think u should stop trying for kids at any age unless u feel u have to for health reasons or dont want anymore

I don't think 30 is too old to be having children, in fact you'll probably find that it's the average age that women are having children. Trust me, when you hit 30 you will not feel old at all!!

As someone who will be 34 when my babies arrive and OH will be nearly 40, we don't feel too old at all. Far from it, we're young at heart and fit, energetic and healthy.

In a lot of cases, age is a state of mind and attitude rather than something physical. If I look at my friends of a similar age to me, I'd say half have had kids and but there is still a big chunk who haven't yet and aren't ready to either.

You're as old as you feel!

Cheers Helen you wrote exactly what I felt,I was feeling so old earlier reading posts lol.

I am 31 and hubby is 39 this year and we feel really young,lol

In fact if I wanted more i may have another 7 year gap or even longer lol

i think age is immaterial as long as you feel ok to do it.

bexxie said:
Cheers Helen you wrote exactly what I felt,I was feeling so old earlier reading posts lol.

Funny how looking back, that 30 seemed ancient when you were in your twenties. One minute you're 21 and then next thing you know you're 30. :shock: If you're in your twenties reading this and shaking your head, come back and tell me how fast you think it went when you're 30 :lol: :wink:

I feel young though,do you?

I dont feel 30 is old at all,OMG maybe I am deluded,lol

the white coats are coming for me then?

bexxie said:
I feel young though,do you?

I dont feel 30 is old at all,OMG maybe I am deluded,lol

the white coats are coming for me then?

:lol: I feel about 26 but with more life experience. I'm a lot happier in my 30s than I ever was in my 20s.

Helen said:
I don't think 30 is too old to be having children, in fact you'll probably find that it's the average age that women are having children. Trust me, when you hit 30 you will not feel old at all!!

Here here! I'm one of the VERY first to have babies amongst my uni friends, although many are pregnant/planning it now. We even refer to the 30's as 'the baby years'!

It's only joining on-line communities that have intruduced me to so many younger parents. If you learn anything from these forums, it's got to be how fantastic mums are made regardless of age, background or anything else. We all do such a good job. :D

For me personally I feel I have so much more to offer Stanley in terms of life experience and practical security than I did 10 years ago. It was good for me to wait, but everyone's different :)

Minxy how old are you if it's ok to ask? :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->