When on earth will I look pregnant?

Hope22

Mom of 1 beautiful boy
Reaction score
I'm incredibly frustrated (okay, hormonal). I'm 26 +4, and while most women at this stage look VERY pregnant, for some reason, to other people, I don't. My boobs are a bit bigger than they were, but I'm still in my regular bras. I've still got a waist when viewed from the front or back, and my belly is big, but it's a funny squarish (flattish on front) shape -- not the gorgeous round basketball I was hoping for. To me I look pregnant; while the rest of me is pretty much the same, my middle has put on 15lbs -- what else on earth would cause this?

Even so, it seems everywhere I go if I run into someone who hasn't seen me in a while they either ask me if I'm pregnant, or (most of the time) whisper something about it to whoever is nearby. I'm getting SO sick of telling people 'yes, I'm pregnant, not just swollen in the middle'. I've had looks of frank disbelief, and EVERYONE says 'oh, but you're so small for being so far along!' Yes, it's great that I'm not gaining heaps of weight, but the downside is that any time I dare to utter a complaint about how large I feel or how horrid acid reflux can be, or how I haven't slept in weeks, all I hear is that I'm small and it can't be that bad -- it's as though they're saying 'because your belly isn't gigantic, you have no right to feel so uncomfortable.'

I don't know what it is that makes a woman look distinctly pregnant (sometimes before she's even really showing), but it appears I haven't got it. It's stupid I know, but I want to look it -- I want people to offer me their seat, or ask me how I'm feeling, or understand why I look so tired. I'd like to experience that special treatment that pregnant women seem to get, but most of the time all I get is strange looks and I know people are wondering what on earth is wrong with me that I've gone such a weird shape (and become so short-tempered!)

:hissy:
I'm having an internal tantrum right now; it's silly, but this is really bugging me. Thanks for listening girls :)

:hug: I only gained weight around the stomach area (and a bit in the boobs) as well...gained around 20-25 pounds for the entire pregnancy! And lost most of it almost as soon as she came out. I don't think I showed much until a bit later on but I was HUGE by the end of third tri (Hannah was a big baby and I carried her all out front).

I really didnt start showing till around 26 weeks and now it is growing very rapidly! Dont worry :D

Starting at about 28-30 weeks, my bump started growing out more than up, and people finally started noticing that I'm pregnant! I think for some women, they don't get very big until the end.

its ok it wasn't till last month people started realizing i'm pregnant. In fact at 24 weeks a girl asked me if I was depressed because I looked like i had gained some weight

I'm not pregnant anywhere except my belly. I'm 37 weeks along and have hardly put a pound on! It's definitely all baby! And people stillc oment on it now. I sympathise with the waddling, heartburn, backache etc. We still get it even thogh we're a different size to the others! I've learn to swallow it and take it as a compliment. You bump will get better in a few weeks. Trust me!!!:hug:

I'm all bump this time so all at the front, but last time I carried all around so you had to know me to know I was pregnant cos otherwise you might have just thought I was getting fat! Anyway as both times I've carried small, no-one seems to realise that you can still suffer, so I get smirks if I say about my back is killing me (every bloody day!) and the fact I constantly have a foot shoved in my ribs 24/7! Doesn't matter what size you are, we all suffer with pregnancy gripes but people don't seem to get it!!!! x

I'm taking it as a compliment when people dont realise, the only comments i ever get are about how small i am!! I'm not fussed at all my LO is measuring fine and i dont want to have a big bump anyhoo my skin wouldnt cope i feel like i'm going to burst now :lol: I had my first ever comment at 30 weeks and then at 35 weeks ish nobody ever realised before that.. :)

:hugs: be thankful that you dont feel really heavy, once you get to the end you'll be thankful that you werent that big for long!! :hugs:

I wouldnt worry too much, sod what other people say/think as long as you and LO are well and healthy then thats all that matters

im sure your bump is gorgeous, i havent had any comments or seats offered or any special pregnancy treatment and i think its quite obvious im pregnant lol, maybe its just peoples pure rudeness thats causing it, im sure youll show a lot more from here on in hun xxx

NObody could tell i was pregnant till i was about 28 weeks, i just looked lyk i was puttin on a bit weight on my belly and boobs...Now everyone can tell, i was queing for the toilets in M&S and a worker came up and said you can go in the baby change cos your pregnant..i was over the moon somebody who didnt know me realised! :happydance:Now people say...you are getting big and you still have AAAAAGES to go, I dont think 9 weeks is AGES!:hissy:

Dont worry, your bump will be very noticable in no timee, along with the back ache etc haha

i dont look pregnant just fat :( really hope i get a round bump soon x

don't worry too much hun as long as your measuring ok etc there's nothing to worry about, everyone carries differently and some people can be so rude!!!! No one really was 100% sure i was pg not fat to say it to me til 30 weeks ish x x

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and two people who I see on a weekly basis (though I'm not THAT close to) said to me only a week ago "so, you are pregnant, aren't you?" because before then, it wasn't really THAT obvious.

Dont worry about what other people think about your belly, its your pregnancy and your body will do it the way it wants to.

And poor poppet with the acid yuckiness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"