when should i get bloods back after booking in?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Gemini85, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Gemini85

Gemini85 Expecing after loss

hiya,

I had my booking in with Midwife (she came to my house) and she took bloods at the same time, i just wondered when i can expect to hear back on the results? she took them last Tuesday, so a will have been a week tomorrow?

Many Thanks!

Laura

2. Maviyildiz

Maviyildiz Well-Known Member

I wish I had an answer for you! I also had my bloods taken last Tuesday, and it is killing me waiting for results! And of course they don't call if there is no problem. "No news is good news" is the most frustrating policy ever!

3. StaceyKor

StaceyKor Mummy to 2 princesses x

I got told theyd only contact me if the results were abnormal. Got mine taken a few weeks back. Dont have another midwife appointment til 5th december x

4. jen74

jen74 Well-Known Member

They dont usually contact you unless there is a problem thats what they do in my area xx

5. Gemini85

ah i see, thanks ladies! no new is good news is rubbish, i always worry they made a mistake, or took my number down wrong or something equally silly! lol x

6. Tracyface

Tracyface Mum to Gorgeous George

I was never contacted about my results!! When I went for my 12 weeks scan they took my green file off me and filled out the results in that, it was the first I'd heard about them!!

I believe they only call you if there's a problem xx

7. poonibby

poonibby mama, and TTC!

they always tell me in 2 hours

8. Maviyildiz

Maviyildiz Well-Known Member

That happened to me! My first round of blood tests showed low sodium so my doctor wanted to send me for a lung xray (I was having other, non pregnancy issues) and just as I was sure that everything was fine because no call came in, I got a letter in the mail saying "We have been trying to contact you without success. Your blood tests blah blah blah."

9. kat2504

kat2504 Well-Known Member

Assuming everything is fine (they are not testing your baby with booking in bloods and these tests are not the ones that give you a risk of abnormalities) they will tell you at your 16 week appointment.

If anything is up they will let you know. No news on this one means that your iron level is fine and you haven't tested positive for any blood infections like hiv or hepatitis.

10. Emzywemzy

Emzywemzy Mummy to Holly and Evie

Yep, they tend not to tell you unless there is a problem. I believe I got told at 16 week appointment that they were fine last time x

11. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Mummy

They told me they would phone if they needed to and if I didnt hear anything there wasnt a problem. x

12. sarahtia

sarahtia Well-Known Member

got mine after 3weeks from having them they came in the post, if there is a problem they ring you before then x

13. NotNic

NotNic Mummy to 2 boys xx

I was 7+5 on my booking appointment and I received some results ihn the post on Friday when I was 9+5. I am assuming that everything else was fine and I would hear back on the 16 week appointment. Which reminds me, I really should book that soon as I am 16 weeks on Christmas Day! My guess is they are going to have skeleton staff in that fortnight for outpatients!

14. Gemini85

Thanks guys. I'm sure the NHS would be more effective if they set their standards nationally! Just do a survey, work out which is the most time/cost/satisfaction efficient, and just stick to it!!! X