When should I see doctor about periods.

sarah1980

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice ladies. I had my implant out in July 2013, I had a small bleed, probably a withdrawl bleed a week later. Since then I've had 3 cycles, one was 43 days then 65 days then 35 days and I'm now on CD 80 and no sign of AF :( so I've not had a period since 11th December. My question is when should I see my doctor?

Sarah xxx

I would go ahead and go. I was very similar to you. once off the pill it took me 56 days to have a period, then 43, then 34 then 48 .... and periods I did have were really light. He told me based off that he didn't think I was ovulating. THANKFULLY he started me straight away on a plan. I hate the whole, "try for a year" thing... it's our bodies, and we know when something isn't normal. Don't freak out, just get information and find an OB that you trust, and let them know that you want to conceive. Good luck, you are DEF NOT ALONE! :)

Thanks ladies. I was under the impression unless it had been a year then the doctor wouldn't do anything.

My Dr told me if I had 3 weird cycles to come in and she'd do some tests.

Ive heard "a year" too but I think that's if you have regular cycles and also depending on the doctor. I got in to see a doctor before a year because I started getting irregular cycles (110 day cycle to be exact) after an early miscarriage. They gave me progesterone challenge to induce AF and diagnosed me with PCOS. Currently Im starting my second cycle on Femara and my cycles are down to 33 days. Fx they can do something for you right away.

Hi Sarah

I am in a very similar situation. I stopped BC on Dec 2nd 2013 and have had no AF or ovulation since! (I have been charting).... my sig below shows the wacky time I've been having.

Initially, the doctor told me I needed to wait for 3 months to let the pill come out of my system. I went over a week ago, and he gave me Metformin to try to help. He said that I could have Clomid, but I don't want to go down that route just yet.

So, go!!

Thank you all, I shall make an appointment for next week and she what she says, I suppose the sooner the better really.

I had to find a new doctor. :) The first place gave me two completely different opinions, and told me I was over reacting. The other - has been delivering babies 25 years and came highly recommended, and he wasted no time. Don't be afraid to look around and get different opinions too! You aren't stuck where you are or with the first answer you are given! Good luck!

I had to find a new doctor. :) The first place gave me two completely different opinions, and told me I was over reacting. The other - has been delivering babies 25 years and came highly recommended, and he wasted no time. Don't be afraid to look around and get different opinions too! You aren't stuck where you are or with the first answer you are given! Good luck!

ive been wondering this too, my doctor said 2 years until theyd do anything! ive had irregular periods since comming off, 1 in dec, and 1 in feb and totally skipped januarys!..... i think im ovulating tho..my kits came back positive, ...its hard to know what to do. Goodluck hope they sort it for you x

ive been wondering this too, my doctor said 2 years until theyd do anything! ive had irregular periods since comming off, 1 in dec, and 1 in feb and totally skipped januarys!..... i think im ovulating tho..my kits came back positive, ...its hard to know what to do. Goodluck hope they sort it for you x

Thanks! I actually bought opks and a bbt halfway through this cycle and planned to use them next cycle but next cycle is never coming :shrug:

Sarah xxx

i thought my jan one was a gonner, and it was, but it came a month late. Goodluck!!!

Just looking for some advice ladies. I had my implant out in July 2013, I had a small bleed, probably a withdrawl bleed a week later. Since then I've had 3 cycles, one was 43 days then 65 days then 35 days and I'm now on CD 80 and no sign of AF :( so I've not had a period since 11th December. My question is when should I see my doctor?

Sarah xxx

Hey Sarah

I'd say straight away huni - if you have a delayed cycle they can give you meds to kick start it again. I wouldn't wait just because it can take time to come back,

I stopped bc in June last year and my cycle is v light now and it used to be the opp on bc. My doc has said as long as there is some blood I'm ok. I worry this is causing the delay in getting preggo and I'm desperate for my BFP.

Good luck, let us know what they say :hugs:

I'm having weird cycle issues too. I stopped NuvaRing around Thanksgiving. First cycle was 47 days. Next was 37 days, now it's only cd 18 since my last period started and I'm bleeding again with cramps and I think some clotting. Started red for one day, now it's dark almost black. Should I be worried? Before starting nuvaring I always had very long cycles so the 47 and 37 didn't phase me, but 18 days is super odd. I'm only 24 and since I just recently got off I'm worried they will just send me back home. help! please! DH and I are freaking out a little.

In this same strain, does anyone know if a doctor usually makes you wait a year if you are tracking your temperatures and have late ovulation, or short luteal phase, or all that good stuff? I always hate it that they would use any 'one size fits all' waiting period, when people like us (who are on this forum and so are probably more informed than the average new parent) have to wait the same amount of time even though we have more information and probably know earlier than others when something is wonky

In this same strain, does anyone know if a doctor usually makes you wait a year if you are tracking your temperatures and have late ovulation, or short luteal phase, or all that good stuff? I always hate it that they would use any 'one size fits all' waiting period, when people like us (who are on this forum and so are probably more informed than the average new parent) have to wait the same amount of time even though we have more information and probably know earlier than others when something is wonky

Yeah I was wondering the same, will the take all my charting into account or just dismiss it. I have a really nice doctor so hoping she will be understanding.xxx

I have just been refereed and am now 16 months down the line. I did wait 11 months to see a doc though. I have my app at the hospital this thurs! I also temp and have either v short cycles as short as 19 days or V long ones of 35+. Crossing fingers they help me x

I have just been refereed and am now 16 months down the line. I did wait 11 months to see a doc though. I have my app at the hospital this thurs! I also temp and have either v short cycles as short as 19 days or V long ones of 35+. Crossing fingers they help me x

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"