When should I start soy isoflavone if I normally ovulate early?

floridasian

Reaction score
I want to give soy a try. My RE wanted me to try three cycles on my own (with progesterone supplements from 3 DPO to 14 DPO) and if I don't get pregnant he'll probably put me on Clomid. I bought some soy isoflavones today from Walmart and I'm reading conflicting information on Google.

Last cycle I ovulated too early - either CD9 or CD11. I read it that soy makes a lot women ovulate earlier so now I'm scared that I'll ovulate even earlier if I take soy. Will taking it later in the cycle (CD5-9 instead of CD3-7) help prevent ovulating too early? Last cycle with ovulation so early my lining didn't get a chance to thicken properly as my AF lasted only 1.5 days so I definitely don't want another super early ovulation.

It seems like most women take soy to help them ovulate earlier because of long cycles and later ovulation. Has anyone taken them if you are ovulating early? What has your experience been? I want to try it to help build a stronger egg/ovulation.

I don't think you are supposed to take soy and progesterone at the same time (they counteract each other the way you'd be taking them I believe)and you may want to speak with your doctor about that before you go down that path (if I understood correctly). I also am to understand soy is most helpful for women who have trouble ovulating in general and one of it's complications is that it doesn't produce quality eggs necessarily but will make some women O who normally can't. If you are already ovulating and want to enhance the quality of your eggs maybe think about trying one of the supplements that balances your hormones to optimize ovulation. Read this link if you'd like and do a bit more research if your willing. Good luck!

https://www.babycenter.com/404_can-soy-isoflavones-help-me-get-pregnant_10364266.bc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"