when should I tell them..

gillian.s

Reaction score
I need some advice.. I'm 23 me and my bf(26) have been together nearly 4 years and we got pregnant last year but that ended in a mmc, anyway my parents took it really badly last time when I told them I was pregnant. They eventually came around to it but I am scared to tell them I am pregnant again because they will know that I got pregnant on purpose and they won't approve of that. Anyway I have a scan next week that I was planning on telling them after but it will only be 6 days before my mum has to go in for hip replacement surgery and she is really stressed already about the surgery so I don't know if I should add to that by telling her before she has it done. So I thought about telling her before my scan next week, maybe tonight or tomorrow, but she only just had surgery to remove a lump from her neck so it all just feels like bad timing..

I must add that me and my bf have been living with them (going to move before baby) but I won't be able to hide the fact that I am pregnant for too much longer so she might be still in the worst part of recovery when I have to tell her..

so do you think I am best to do it pre-op or post-op??

Sorry about how confusing that all probably sounds..

If you think she will stress about it or worry, then I'd wait until after her surgery. It just sounds like she has a lot going on right now that's stressful and I wouldn't want to add to that. However, if you think she'll maybe be a bit disappointed but not really stress, then I'd tell her now and not wait for the scan. It's hard being on the outside to really give advice so whatever you think is best is probably the way to go. Fwiw, I waited until I was 24-26 weeks to tell family and close friends (other than my mom), and nobody really noticed. GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->