When should we announce?

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
I am exactly 9 weeks today :)

Have had no bleeding or bad cramping but have had 2 scans already (one at 6 weeks and one yesterday), both showed a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat.

My dating scan is booked in for 2 weeks time when I'll only be 11 weeks, so when can I assume it's safe to announce???

Should we wait for 12 weeks no matter what? Or does seeing baby with a strong heartbeat at this stage or at the next scan mean that it's safe?

Our close family and friends already know, but there are soooooo many more people for us to tell!

A girl that I went to school with posted on FB yesterday that she was PG (6 weeks), but it's her 3rd so I'm guessing she's not as nervous as me?!

Im about the same stage as you and am starting to announce it now, got my first scan this afternoon so will for definite once I know everything is OK. The chance of miscarriage drops greatly at the 10-12 week stage but if you fel fine and not nervous about telling people then Im sure everything will be fine :) cxx

I would say after your dating scan which is usually between 11-14 weeks. I think ppl just say 'we'll announce it at 12 weeks' because its also known as the 12 week scan! But if it was me I would announce it after that xx

i announced mine as we have had 2 scans and seen the heart beat too ( 2nd scan they measured and said its workign out at the same dates) did announce straight away announced last week when i was 10+2

Announced to family after 12 weeks and will announce to everyone else after 17 week gender U/S.

I didn't tell a soul until my dating scan, its my first tho so was very nervous! I've had too scans now and everything is running smooth.

Tell everyone when you feel ready!

Its up to you and when you feel confident and comfortable. I told the world the minute I found out at 4 weeks. But thats just how I am. But lots of my friends have only just shared their news and are coming up to 14 weeks. x

I've told close family and friends - I couldn't keep it quiet! I also told a few people at work because I'm having quite bad ms (on and off). If I had heard babys heartbeat, I would probably announce it. My pregnancy book says that the risk of miscarriage is 3% at 8 weeks if you have heard the heartbeat and then drops to 1% at 12 weeks. Good luck and enjoy it!

it doesn't drop until 1-2% until after 16 weeks, fyi.

I'm in the same position as you, I have my dating scan next mon and will be 12w from lmp, but ill probably get put back to 11w as my cycles are longer. I don't know to announce after scan or wait till 12 weeks either, can't see that it makes that many diferrence with just a week, xx

I would tell people when you feel ready !!!!! I have my dating scan today. I have told a few people, who unfortunately have told others argggghhhhhhhh !!!! But I am showing, and it won't be long before people start asking. I'm sure people ar just afraid to ask, incase I say "no I am just fat " :haha:

I too would really like to share the news with close family - parents etc, but feel its just a bit early on at the moment. I haven't even been to the doctors as yet (only got my :bfp: Monday!!) But I'm booked into see the doctor on Friday.

I have however told my 13 year old daughter because I didn't feel it wasn't fair to hide it from her. Living together and having a 'no secrets' policy in our house means we try to be as open as possible, she's also really inquisitive and would be asking me why I wasn't having a glass of wine at the weekend and why have I got stretch mark cream on my bedside table, plus all the baby books have come out I didn't want to insult her intelligence!

She was over the moon :cloud9: and is so excited to have a baby :blue:or :pink: I also felt that (god forbid the worst did happen) that perhaps it would be an important experience to share to help her understand how to deal with difficult life experiences, its not all roses at the end of the day!

Anyway thats just a bit about my story.... will probably tell other relatives in a few weeks tho, maybe at 10 weeks.

Xxx

We told close family a few wks ago. Havent told my granny yet dreading that even though im 28 and married and have 2 kiddies already im sure she will still give out:shrug:
Will tell the boys when i am showing and have to tell them.
Other than that not going to announce to anyone else im sure they will cop on when they see the bump.

I'm trying so hard to keep it quiet at the moment, have told family and close friends already, but with DD I told everyone as soon as i found out

We told our parents when we first found out. That was at around 5 weeks. We have our dating scan tomorrow, and will tell family and friends after that. Hoping all goes well. So nervous, but excited at the same time.

if my scan on friday goes ok i might a huge MIGHT tell my mum but thats it lol

I've managed to move my next scan to the 19th April (will be 11 +6 then), so will announce that evening or next day :)

I too would really like to share the news with close family - parents etc, but feel its just a bit early on at the moment. I haven't even been to the doctors as yet (only got my :bfp: Monday!!) But I'm booked into see the doctor on Friday.

I have however told my 13 year old daughter because I didn't feel it wasn't fair to hide it from her. Living together and having a 'no secrets' policy in our house means we try to be as open as possible, she's also really inquisitive and would be asking me why I wasn't having a glass of wine at the weekend and why have I got stretch mark cream on my bedside table, plus all the baby books have come out I didn't want to insult her intelligence!

She was over the moon :cloud9: and is so excited to have a baby :blue:or :pink: I also felt that (god forbid the worst did happen) that perhaps it would be an important experience to share to help her understand how to deal with difficult life experiences, its not all roses at the end of the day!

Anyway thats just a bit about my story.... will probably tell other relatives in a few weeks tho, maybe at 10 weeks.

Xxx

That's really nice to be able to have a little secret and a bond with your daughter whilst your pregnant. This is the kind of mother I want to be, open with my children and to treat them like young adults :) xx

We plan on telling our parents the weekend of the 9th of April. I am going away with my mom the following weekend and she would figure it out when I won't have wine or a vodka with her. Everyone else is going to have to wait and find out around the 13th week Mark. I might tell some around the 12th week. We will see if I heard the heartbeat by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->