When the BFP comes, how will you tell your S.O?

Mommy_Moose

Reaction score
I was just reading some stories today and there were lots of really cute ideas.

I think I'll try my best to keep it a secret, then fill the guest bedroom (would be nursery) with blue and pink balloons while hubby is gone. When he gets home, casually ask him to grab something out of there see where it goes.

I was just reading some stories today and there were lots of really cute ideas.

I think I'll try my best to keep it a secret, then fill the guest bedroom (would be nursery) with blue and pink balloons while hubby is gone. When he gets home, casually ask him to grab something out of there see where it goes.

That sounds like a really good idea. IDK how I might tell DH. Maybe I'll take a picture of my positive BFP and make it his homescreen on his computer and PS3. He turns both on as soon as he get's home from work and he'd definately be shocked. Good luck and :dust:!

That sounds like a really good idea. IDK how I might tell DH. Maybe I'll take a picture of my positive BFP and make it his homescreen on his computer and PS3. He turns both on as soon as he get's home from work and he'd definately be shocked. Good luck and :dust:!

That would be cute!!:dust: back at ya'!

Both of those sound like great ideas. I have thought of many good ideas, but I bet when it happens I am just going to be sooo overjoyed that I will spill the beans immediately. lol

Both of those sound like great ideas. I have thought of many good ideas, but I bet when it happens I am just going to be sooo overjoyed that I will spill the beans immediately. lol

That's okay too!! With #1 I had already gotten a little gift bag and two pairs of baby shoes (one blue, one pink) and had them hidden. When I got the bfp I tossed the test in the bag and gave it to him. We TTC and his response was still "nuh uh!" :haha:

There are so many cute ideas!!
I heard one where a woman put her BFP HPT in a little gift box, and gave it to her DH when she met him for lunch.
I like the balloon idea, and the shoes are cute too!

An idea I have is getting a "Happy Birthday, Daddy!" card, even if it's not his birthday. Because essentially it will be the "birth day" of his becoming a father.

There are so many cute ideas!!
I heard one where a woman put her BFP HPT in a little gift box, and gave it to her DH when she met him for lunch.
I like the balloon idea, and the shoes are cute too!

An idea I have is getting a "Happy Birthday, Daddy!" card, even if it's not his birthday. Because essentially it will be the "birth day" of his becoming a father.

That's a good idea!

I love those ideas!! If you go to Youtube, there are so many cute vids of couples telling their family and of women telling their OH! My favorite is this one... the poem is so sweet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhcXbIruOeM&feature=related

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH @ that guys face in the video!!!!!

I am gonna go from a different angle...I really want to freak him out...I'm gonna tell him I have a parasite...and I can't get rid of it for 9 months...and give him the HPT...hahaha...medically speaking babies are parasites, but the best ones ever!

I thought of a few different ways to tell him but ultimately I want him there with me when I test, I want us to find out together :)

In a way i would love to tell dh in a really cute way, but I think I'll be wayy too excited to hold it in long enough to plan something!! Lol!

I can imagine telling our parents and close friends in a creative way tho as would plan not to tell them until around 12 week mark, so lots of time to plan the big reveal!!! Hhehe!!

Xoxo

i was very shocked when i got pregnant with the triplets that i just blurted it out on the phone. the funny part was when i found out a couple of weeks later that it was triplets i told him that the doc heard 3 heartbeats.....he said wat do you mean 3 heartbeats.....like ba-boom..ba-boom..ba-boom.......i had to laugh and say no hun, 3 babies............needless to say, he dropped the phone!!!

Oh my gosh, I hadn't even thought of checking youtube for pregnancy reveal videos! There goes another hour of productivity!

I've always thought that a literal bun in the oven was a cute idea :)

Personally, after two losses, I'm past cute surprises (I mean, I love hearing about other's surprises, but it just doesn't work in my situation anymore). I just want to tell him right away so that he can support me if we lose another one.

In a way i would love to tell dh in a really cute way, but I think I'll be wayy too excited to hold it in long enough to plan something!! Lol!

I can imagine telling our parents and close friends in a creative way tho as would plan not to tell them until around 12 week mark, so lots of time to plan the big reveal!!! Hhehe!!

Xoxo

We live an hour away from my family and 4 hours away from his. So to tell them we're going to go "visit for dinner" and put our 3 year old in a shirt that says "only child" scratched out and has "BIG brother" underneath it! Then just wait... :haha:

I've always thought that a literal bun in the oven was a cute idea :)

Personally, after two losses, I'm past cute surprises (I mean, I love hearing about other's surprises, but it just doesn't work in my situation anymore). I just want to tell him right away so that he can support me if we lose another one.

Aw I'm sorry. :hugs:

Xoxo

We live an hour away from my family and 4 hours away from his. So to tell them we're going to go "visit for dinner" and put our 3 year old in a shirt that says "only child" scratched out and has "BIG brother" underneath it! Then just wait... :haha:

This is close to my idea. I found a tshirt on the internet that says " I'm gonna be a big brother! " so I plan to put that on my little boy when I get my bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->