When to announce the big news?

Sash13

WTT IMPATIENTLY after MC
Reaction score
So it is still VERY early in my pregnancy but I am super excited and want to shout it to the world!! Well, perhaps just my immediate family and a few very close friends ... hubby would prefer to keep this under our hats, just for a bit. I know that he is worried about early miscarriage and having to tell everyone about it if it were to happen.

While my brain agrees with hubby, my emotions are making it sooo difficult for me to keep my mouth shut. :muaha:

When did you tell? What was your experience and would you do it differently the next time?

hi, i told close friends and family only oh and work coz i cant lift anymore.

Told my mom immediately. Told my stepdad and future in-laws after we saw the heartbeat. Told the boss early on when we thought there might have been a problem with bleeding. And we're not telling anyone else until we reach the second trimester...right before Thanksgiving.

Our first pregnancy we told a lot of people right away...and then I suffered a natural miscarriage at 8wk4d. I do believe it is better to wait to tell the "general public" until you reach the 2nd trimester. And this is coming from a girl who loves to share things with the world!

Congratulations on your :bfp:!

We told our parents the day we got our :bfp: also our siblings. Told work around 8 weeks.

Clartylou x

We told our parents, asked them not say anything, and then FIL went and announced it at karate when he shouldnt offf :( So we just decided to say yes when people ask

I told my mum within the hour!!

I have so far only told a handful of close family members and friends. I would love to tell the world, but I am reserving that until I have my 12 week scan, if all is well

x

I havent told anyone yet except DH and you guys lol,

But thats really because my little sis is 9 weeks gone with her first and has had a few probs so far, i dont want to steal her thunder, this is her special time...

....i will probably start telling people in a few weeks, having you guys to talk about it to makes keeping it a secret much easier xxxxxx

I told DH first. Then we were going into town to meet my lil sis and best friend so told them (otherwise they would've thought I was on drugs, haha). I told my parents and other sister a couple of days after that.
Once I'd seen the hb again at 8 weeks I told 2 other close friends and my cousin.
Last weekend my Mum basically outed me to her side of the family, it was a christening and she was standing in front of my uncle saying "can I tell them" well duuuh, now I have to! I already have a little bump so people would have probably reached their own conclusions once I removed me coat anyway.
Just 2 weeks til nuchal scan and then I will be telling the world, hee hee.

I think a girl definately needs to tell someone. How are we expected to keep something like this secret?

Probably a good idea to tell a close friend or someone like your mum and then tell everyone else a bit later. This is what i'm doing.

same here. I told my boss, a couple of friends (just to have someone to talk about it with) and dh's dad. My family is living in Peru now so I don't want to tell them until my first scan, just to make sure everything will be fine. I wouldn't want to give bad news over the phone and have my mom worry about me and she can't come or do anything for me.
I can't wait to yell it from the top of a roof!

i told everyone straight away i couldn't hold it in, but i know alot of people like to wait till after 12 weeks xx

first of all congrats on your BFP....i told my mum straight away but told everyone else at 12 weeks...the only reason i told my mum was because she already guessed cause she was getting my morning sickness

My brother knows but thats it so far I will tell my mum next wk

I told my best friend the moment I saw the positive test, then told my mom about a week later. My class at college only has 10 people so I told a few of them and then the rest figured it out or were told by the others.

As I MC..at 7weeks, I had told evryone in the famiy the day before. My advice is tell whomever you would also tell that you had a MC. Otherwise it hurts more to have to hear everyone say sorry and ask how you are.
So my sis, my mom and mom-in-law, and my best friend as soon as I knew.
Evryone else can wait till 12 weeks.

Thanks, scrubgrub. Had a conversation with hubby tonight when he got home and he said to do whatever I liked but he would prefer that we wait until at least the middle of November.

So I told him to pray extra hard since we wouldn't have others praying for us ;)

This wait is going to KILL me but I understand the wisdom in it.

As I MC..at 7weeks, I had told evryone in the famiy the day before. My advice is tell whomever you would also tell that you had a MC. Otherwise it hurts more to have to hear everyone say sorry and ask how you are.
So my sis, my mom and mom-in-law, and my best friend as soon as I knew.
Evryone else can wait till 12 weeks.

I totally agree with you. I found out I was pregnant one day before I started to miscarry (at 7 weeks also). We had only told our parents for that exact reason. It would have made going through the miscarriage that much harder if I had to tell people over and over again and deal with all their sympathy, even though they would mean well.

I told my parents right away with Charlotte and my firehouse. I told everyone else after our first scan. Same with this one.

I told my mum and 3 trusted friends who are all trying to conceive at the same time. I went out last night and had to do the whole 'hide the drink thing'. My friend ordered a bottle of white wine for us like she usually does so I poured a glass then tipped most of it in a pot plant then filled the rest up with soda water. I pretty much sat on that all night. Poor thing couldn't figure out how she got so drunk as I kept topping up with soda water so it looked like my glass was almost full everytime she went to pour. Last weekend I stuck to virgin marys all night. I think Ill tell everyone I have UTI next weekend... How does everyone else hide it if you're not telling yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->