When to book the hospital?

MissSazra

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Was just wondering, it says in the front of my maternity records 'Booked for delivery at:' with a load of tick boxes for all the choices. Should I have done this? Or should the midwife discuss it with me? I'm really confused and worried that I should have done this by now.

If anyone has any answers I'd be so grateful!

Thanks in advance! Xx

the midwife discussed this with me at my booking appointment when I was 8 weeks as I had 3 options of where to go, then after your apoointment she books your place there for you and they will then refer you for the scan etc.
Did you have your 12 week scan at a particular hospital? If so then she's prob booked you in there
xx

Thanks! :)

None of the boxes are ticked in my booklet and the midwife never mentioned it. I had my 16 week appointment today and didn't think to ask until I got home, and again it was never mentioned. My next appointment with the midwife is ages away.

There are 4 choices where I could have the baby, so I'm a little concerned that I should already be booked in.

Xx

I had my 16wks appt last week and have no boxes etc ticked in my book.

I did have my scan in my nearest hospital and that is where I will be going.

At your next appt at 20/22 wks just ask midwife what hospital you are going to.:flower:

I had my 16wks appt last week and have no boxes etc ticked in my book.

I did have my scan in my nearest hospital and that is where I will be going.

At your next appt at 20/22 wks just ask midwife what hospital you are going to.:flower:

Thanks! :)

Will I definitely have one booked then? Will she have done it for me? I'm so confused by all of this, there seems to be something new everyday that I learn about that I had never even thought of.

At the nearest hospital there is a midwife led unit and the obs led unit, I want the obs one, so I hope that's what I've been put down for. I may have to phone the midwife in the morning!

to put your mind at rest I would call her just to double check! especially as you say your next appointment is ages away and if you have a hospital of preference it's best to make sure your place is booked than to end up being given whats left!! x

mine asked me at my very first appointment if i'd like to deliver at hospital a, b or at home :shrug:

Thanks everyone, I shall give her a call this morning to double check! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->